Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2015, 06:38 PM   #1
Don

Question Hitch Compatability with Reese Revolution

May have messed up! I purchased a new 2016 Ford F350 with the pre-installed 4 point hitch mounts. I was talked into purchasing a B&W Companion hitch RVK3300. It mounts up fine and looks good and seems like a quality hitch. Here's the problem. I have a Rockwood Premier ultra light 5th wheel with a Reese Revolution pin box. I couldn't get it to mate up to the hitch because of the plate or wedge on the bottom of the pin box near the pin. Has anyone had any experience with this. I brought this up before I purchased the hitch and the dealer told me that it was definitely compatible with the Reese Revolution pin box. The B&W customer support also told me that it was definitely compatible. When I looked at the install instructions I found a warning that it would not work with the Reese Revolution. Help!
Sandy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:14 PM   #2

Don't know much about the revolution but can't you lock the revolution in place and take the wedge out and use it like a fixed pin box??

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:24 PM   #3
Don

Torque Values on Revolution Pin Box

Thanks for the reply. After further research I determined that you can indeed remove the wedge and install the Lock-out bolts and use it like like a standard hitch. Do you know what the torque value of the 3/4" Lock-out bolts is by any chance or where I can find the values.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:30 PM   #4

No I'm sorry I don't, I've never owned one just seen them, lots of members have them, I'm sure someone will post it

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #5
Don

If anyone out there knows the torque value of the 3/4" lock out bolts on the reese revolution pin box or where I can find them please give me a shout out. I find this site great for finding out hard to find information.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy12345 View Post
If anyone out there knows the torque value of the 3/4" lock out bolts on the reese revolution pin box or where I can find them please give me a shout out. I find this site great for finding out hard to find information.
Torque them to 150 lbs. for your lock out. It will work the same as a regular pin box....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:22 PM   #7
ngg

I have a flagstaff 32 ft superlite, F250 crew short box with the companion hitch. after i bought the companion i was disappointed that the stickers on it said it could not be used with the reese revolution. Never had an issue though. It hooked up fine without touching anything. Somehow i have never had an issue turning or backing up. Can cut it around to almost 90 degrees and doesnt touch the back of the cab.
ngg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:49 PM   #8

pullrite hitch

I have a pull rite hitch a (similar to Reece) with a slide. I did hit the corner of our Nissan pick-up and I did hit the corner of rock-wood tt right on the corner of the passenger side while backing up. I was pretty close to 90 degrees on a little bit of a slope.
I didn't think it was possible to hit the pick up ... but it did (put a little dent in the pu. i couldn't find any damage to the tt

Mike
aviator42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:59 AM   #9

revolution hitch-up problems

In August;
I purchased a 8280 ws. and 16k Pullrite Hitch and found inability to hitch up as jaws were to high on pin to latch. I also found in the Hitch directions that it was not compatible with the revolution pin box.
Being my first fiver, I never suspected there could be a problem and my selling dealer was not familiar with this issue either. However they followed through with a call to a pullrite customer representative who recommended upgrading to a 20k hitch which my dealer supplied at no extra charge to me and we were on the road (they also provided custom wedge for revolution pin Box to pivot )
Having a double door Silverado with standard bed I have not found it necessary to use the the wedge or revolution feature and keep the pin box locked.
Off topic; while doing dealer prep they found the black water tank to be cracked and leaking, While not Happy about the thirty day delay to have tank replaced, Am very Happy The dealer found and fixed the problem and very Happy with our 8280
tonyb1725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:11 AM   #10

Send a message via Skype™ to pontiacdan45
Revolution Hitch

The wedge is to allow the unit to be used on a short box by locking it in place in the hitch. Removing the wedge and installing the lock out bolts allows it to be used as a normal hitch and rotate from that point.

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289 ws
2015 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD Gas:
pontiacdan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #11

Here is the link to the reese information.

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289 ws
2015 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD Gas:
pontiacdan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:35 AM   #12

Revolution Hitch

Here are the lube instructions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 3.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	144.5 KB