Old 04-17-2016, 08:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAbbott View Post
So here's what happend. I installed a Reese weight distributing hitch with duel cam sway control, all was well until I went to do a left hand tight u-turn and the left trunion bar popped clean off the hitch. I had stop and run back and pick it up and reinstall it.
Any ideas why this might happen or is this a common problem? Not sure I feel safe with this now.
Are you certain it was up and snapped into the hitch? Hook it all up and use your foot to not actually stand on the bar but test that it did clip into the hitch. Just one of my insane sanity checks. Good luck.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:10 PM   #12

I assume you have the bars with the curve @ the end , If you had the old style I would say maybe it was upside down.

Old 04-17-2016, 08:35 PM   #13

Have the same hitch and had the same problem. Download the install instructions you have to move brackets and then re adjust the cam length. I still would drop one every one in awhile If I did a real tight turn. It is a great and I sway hitch. Had absolutely no sway

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 04-17-2016, 08:45 PM   #14

http://www.reeseprod.com/support/ins...ion/N26002.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 04-18-2016, 05:07 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
Are you certain it was up and snapped into the hitch? Hook it all up and use your foot to not actually stand on the bar but test that it did clip into the hitch. Just one of my insane sanity checks. Good luck.
Mine does not have clip to lock bar in. The upward pressure of the chain pulling up keeps it locked in place. My other hitch had the lock clip to prevent it coming out..
Old 04-18-2016, 06:41 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
The OP has the "Trunion Bar" hitch, No push up,No Pins! I sure wish the OP would Post a Pic.so Members could/would know what Reese the OP is talking about,even though the OP "Said Trunion" in his 1st Post! Youroo!! There are a "TON" of Reese Hitches"!
Old 04-18-2016, 06:44 AM   #17

This is Good advice! Youroo!!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:11 AM   #18

I know the dual-cam is a picky breed. My TV can't turn sharp enough to cause this. If not correct, it would seem to me, your WDH / anti-sway would do more harm than good. But, maybe your TV can turn much sharper than mine... maybe where you turned the road wasn't flat? Pics would be nice. Set it up again and take a photo (or two) of each side while straight then when in a tight turn.
WW
Old 04-18-2016, 07:18 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAbbott View Post
So here's what happend. I installed a Reese weight distributing hitch with duel cam sway control, all was well until I went to do a left hand tight u-turn and the left trunion bar popped clean off the hitch. I had stop and run back and pick it up and reinstall it.
Any ideas why this might happen or is this a common problem? Not sure I feel safe with this now.
Call Reese,,, they will tell you where sway bars should be installed !!!
Old 04-18-2016, 08:14 AM   #20

There are no brackets, per se, to move. There are cam bar link mounts and the position is determined by the factory; by centering the WDH bar pockets on the cams the length of which is adjustable.
Here's mine on the floor and for sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dual cam.png
Views:	62
Size:	386.0 KB
ID:	105292   Click image for larger version

Name:	dual cam parts.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	105293  

Tags