Old 09-30-2015, 04:25 PM   #1

Hitch question

I took delivery today of my 2016 Prime Time Avenger 26BH. I parked it and tried to unlock the trailer from my ball. I had one heck of a time getting it to unlock. I've never had this problem with any other trailer I've owned. I finally got it unlocked and was able to pull my tow vehicle away. I had no problem this morning hooking up and unhooking my TT which I was trading in. I had no issues hooking up to the new TT at the dealership. Seems like kind of stupid problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:41 PM   #2

I know with my trailer it can be hard to unhitch if I don't pull forward a bit after chalking the wheels. My driveway goes up so there is a lot of pressure on the clasp if I don't pull forward.

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 04:53 PM   #3

That's what I ended up doing. I chocked the tires and pulled forward a bit. Never had to do that with my other 2 trailers. I might play with it some this weekend before our next camping trip in 2 weeks. Thanks.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:02 AM   #4

you may want to check your receiver and make sure there are no metal burs that could be catching on the ball.

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 12:21 PM   #5

Having trouble seating and locking in the hitch and, when finished, I'm having trouble unhitching. Dealer fixed the locking mechanism which was broken but I'm still having trouble. Never had trouble with my previous trailer - Forest River Surveyor Sport 265RKS

Dealer says it's because, in the last year, Forest River changed the type of hitches that they use. I can find no information on this. True? 2015 Forest River Surveyor 201RBS
Old 10-01-2015, 10:18 PM   #6

I had the same issue with mine. If you allow the truck to move forward enough to take the pressure off the ball after chocking the wheels, it unlatches no problem.

Tags
hitch