Old 07-09-2016, 04:47 PM   #11
Originally Posted by cotton65 View Post
It is a 15000 Reese with a slide bar. It is a older hitch
Are you having problems with it? Just reinstalled it on my new 350. Bought a new bolt kit as suggested by Reese and CW. I'm only pulling 12,000# and do not have reason to change. Just bought it new 7 months ago.

2016 Keystone Cougar 303RLS
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 08:10 PM   #12
Save a couple hundred bucks and get a Curt Hitch over a BW one. They fit perfectly with the factory rail system and separate into two pieces so they are quick and easy to remove weight wise.

Get the largest Curt you can afford. I got a Q24 although that exceeds my tow rating. The additional weight makes the truck ride better unloaded on concrete roads and not maxing out the hitch capacity gives me peace of mind. I like the fact it is heavy and it also separates in two components so removal and install takes a little over 5 minutes.

The Curt Q24 has a 13-17 inch height adjustment range versus 16-3/4 - 18-3/4 inches for the BW hitch. It is $794 versus $959 for the BW hitch.

Congrats on the new truck and welcome to the F350 family. It is one hell of a truck but very hard to get good fuel economy because pushing the go pedal down firmly is SO MUCH fun-its not a gas pedal on a diesel powered vehicle.

Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote

f350, hitch