Old 01-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #31
President ProPride, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
Sorry guys but we'll have to agree on disagreeing on this issue.

Apologies to the OP for diverting from her original question.

That's okay... I'll take the hitch business. Oh wait, I already do.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #32
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

That's OK, Frank. I re-read my post and sounded sharper than I meant to sound. I don't want to be "that guy".

I was coming from the perspective as an owner of a small business.

FYI - Its a pet peeve.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #33
President ProPride, Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
That's OK, Frank. I re-read my post and sounded sharper than I meant to sound. I don't want to be "that guy".

I was coming from the perspective as an owner of a small business.

FYI - Its a pet peeve.

We have the same pet...

-
Old 01-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #34

has anyone actually suggested contacting them at Trailer hitch, hitches and bike rack (800)298-8924

I didn't have a clue (thats what my wife says all the time anyway)
as to what I needed to haul our new TT behind our new 2011 Echoboost. One phone call and they were sending me what I needed - nothing more nothing less. and at a better price than the dealer.
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #35
Site Team

I see both sides regarding the posts about the "pet".

Some things are "deal breakers". In that case we has to decide if to enter into the deal as is or consider other options. With that said I try to pick and choose my battles with care.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #36

Quote:

No aplogies required - I am learning something from every post in this thread - and I appreciate everyones thoughts and opinions.
Nights camped in 2012 - TBD
stephs2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:58 PM   #37

If your lucky, you may have a hitch shop nearby. We have one nearby in Riverside. All they do is hitches and 5ers. They know their stuff and can set up a WD hitch just off measurements sent in from the dealer. Heck I would trust a U-Haul center over some dealers. Also try to find a commercial truck dealership. Not necessarily a Mac lot, but there are Ford and GMC dealers that deal in heavy duty pickups and converted trucks. They do hitch work all the time as well.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #38

lucky

Well, i guess i got lucky with my dealer, they sell several brands of hitches. I chose the Reese Trunion Strait Line Dual Cam system, which they carry, however, they sold it for more than $200 more than what I can get it online for, I offered them the sale, if they would match the price, and at the time, they couldnt, but said to check back when I am actually ready to buy the hitch, as I am not picking my uinit up from them until march. But, they did say If I bought it someplace else, they would install it no problem. I guess my thing is, I am pretty handy, and can prob do it my self, but I never have, and want to make sure it is all correct. I used to have fifth wheels, those were easy...
so should I just have them do it, or do it myself and take the gamble? I understand that I will probably have to adjust it myself once it is loaded. They quoted me a price of $170 for the install. After looking at the instructions online, and talking to another Reese dealer, I think that is a little much, and $100 max would be a fair price for am hour ro install this. Thoughts???
Old 01-23-2012, 12:31 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzy View Post
Well, i guess i got lucky with my dealer, they sell several brands of hitches. I chose the Reese Trunion Strait Line Dual Cam system, which they carry, however, they sold it for more than $200 more than what I can get it online for, I offered them the sale, if they would match the price, and at the time, they couldnt, but said to check back when I am actually ready to buy the hitch, as I am not picking my uinit up from them until march. But, they did say If I bought it someplace else, they would install it no problem. I guess my thing is, I am pretty handy, and can prob do it my self, but I never have, and want to make sure it is all correct. I used to have fifth wheels, those were easy...
so should I just have them do it, or do it myself and take the gamble? I understand that I will probably have to adjust it myself once it is loaded. They quoted me a price of $170 for the install. After looking at the instructions online, and talking to another Reese dealer, I think that is a little much, and $100 max would be a fair price for am hour ro install this. Thoughts???
If it was me and I knew my truck could handle the camper without it I would save the money and install yourself a mile down the road in a shopping center before heading home - if you don't think you TV will handle good without it - let them install it and yes you will probably have to adjust after getting it loaded out with your gear and supplies.

Here is what it boils down to - it is going to depend on what camper you are buying and what you will be towing it with because I doubt they are going to let you install it there on site before you leave so if you tow and go with out it will your tow vehicle be able to support the trailer without it for a short distance or will it make you unsafe.

USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote