Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2014, 07:35 AM   #1

Horse Trailer Towing!

We live near a (State Horse Riding Camp). It really irks me to see some of the (TV to Horse Trailer) set ups! Most have (HY-$$$) tow rigs & trailers,but the (Attachment & the Angle of trailer) are Pitiful! I would (Hate) to travel in a unit that far out of Level! I might as well tell this also, one horse rider was going to the Horse Camp and their horse (Fell Thru) the trailer floor boards! While going down the road,Not a pleasant ending for All involved! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
Oklahoma Proud

Dang, that sux on the horse going threw the floor.
We (farm and ranch folks) usually arnt as concerned about our trailers being nose high as camper hauling folks. Its really hard to set your hitch in a level area with one load of critters and then it be different on the next. And of the hundreds of trailers running around, and the dozens that us and our family has, nobodys ever had trailer issues from towing out of level, that's why theres equilizers.
And yes, most of our campers dont compare $ wise to a nice Sooner, or sundowner with a living quarters.

Now this isn't talking crazy extremes. But 6" or so difference from front to back is no biggie, thats more common than level, from what ive seen.
Millertime- Sabre Handler
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #3

My Goertzen 3 horse slant has no provision for a WDH so I bought a solid Curt 12000 lb hitch and ball just for it. It has 8 inch drop which allows for the 12 inch ball height of the trailer. Never had any sway problems however in 16yrs. as long as I load horses in the front stalls if I'm not hauling 3.

I always clean the floor after every pull, and raise the floor mats to prevent rot. Wood still looks like new. Gotta keep Montana safe & happy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 pics Deb's Cam 047.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	519.9 KB
ID:	55402  
Equalizer 1200 4 pt. Tekonsha controller
Devilscreekw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing, trailer