Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman View Post
I've got a '12 Wildcat 344QB and want to change to an air ride pinbox but I can't tell which Lippert pinbox is on there now. None of the numbers on the pinbox sticker match up to anything in the Lippert catalog. Any ideas?
We had the same problem. I searched websites with all the numbers I could find on the pinbox, even called ETrailer and they didn't know. So today I called Lippert with all of the numbers. It took a couple hours but they finally called me back and told me I had a 1716 Extended. Hope this helps!

Tim & Joy
2011 Sierra 365SAQ
Reese 16k Hitch
2007.5 Chevy 3500 Crewcab LTZ Diesel
Heldapay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:32 AM   #22
FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heldapay View Post
We had the same problem. I searched websites with all the numbers I could find on the pinbox, even called ETrailer and they didn't know. So today I called Lippert with all of the numbers. It took a couple hours but they finally called me back and told me I had a 1716 Extended. Hope this helps!
Thanks Tim. That sounds like the smartest approach.
fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #23
Not-so-Junior Member

We bought a Trail Air Tri-Glide pin box with our Columbus 295RL which we ordered from the factory. I heard that they were around $1200, the dealer quoted us $900 on the order and we ended up paying $750 for it after negotiating a little.

I absolutely love it. It makes it a totally different towing experience and I would recommend it.
• 1952 Blonde Nurse
VenturaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #24
Papi

Thanks for all the great info. I will probably buy an air ride when we start our "long trips" in a couple years...(Yea!). Will keep the factory hitch for now. Heck, I'm still learning how to pull this monster! Moved up from a 25' TT.I appreciate the help.
now in same place.
Papicamper is offline   Reply With Quote