Old 01-27-2014, 09:25 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Po-Boy View Post
Great read...on my way now to find a Southwest Airlines jet to drag around town!
Funny. I hear JetBlue is cheaper. Hehe

Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:29 PM   #22
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
I certainly understand the benefits of LT tires over P tires. However, I've pulled my wildcat (@9300lbs) and now my rockwood (@8400lbs) for more than 20,000 miles on the original Michelin P275x65r18's LTX on my 2008 Tundra. Never been an issue. BUT, now at 47,000 miles I am ready for new tires and they will be LT with heavier load range. I'm anxious to see the difference if its as much as you've been telling me OC.
Agree, 47,000 miles is not very good mileage for such a top grade tire. I had similar results on the 1st set of P tires on my 2000 Silverado. Put LT LR E tires on and @ 105,000 they still had 1/2 the tread on them when I got the 05 which had P tires on it. Took them off and sold them, put on LR D's, got 70,000 on them and replaced them with LR E's. Have 88,000 on the truck and the E's look like new. E's with 65# front & rear are rough with the truck mt, so I let them down to 40#in the front and 35# in the rear.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Po-Boy View Post
Great read...on my way now to find a Southwest Airlines jet to drag around town!
I'd hang out around Branson... just sayin'
Rancho RS9000XL's and Firestone airbags
Pullrite Superglide 18k hitch
alphadog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:25 PM   #24
Perma-Newb

I would love to get one of these “Engineers” in a room hooked up to polygraph and ask just how much capacity they are leaving on the table in the name of “Safety Margin”. I personally like to pay attention to how the weight is balanced and carried, run quality “E” tires, and drive with a little common sense rather than sweat all the ratings to much...with-in reason of course, I don’t intend on towing any space shuttles anytime soon.

2014 V-Lite 30WIKSS, Diamond Package W/All the goodies

http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic50858_1.gif
EarlyRetirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #25
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyRetirement View Post
I would love to get one of these “Engineers” in a room hooked up to polygraph and ask just how much capacity they are leaving on the table in the name of “Safety Margin”. I personally like to pay attention to how the weight is balanced and carried, run quality “E” tires, and drive with a little common sense rather than sweat all the ratings to much...with-in reason of course, I don’t intend on towing any space shuttles anytime soon.
From personal experience, it's not the engineers you want, it's the lawyers you want to hook up to a polygraph. Of course it would probably blow the needle clear out of the polygraph machine.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:45 PM   #26
Perma-Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
From personal experience, it's not the engineers you want, it's the lawyers you want to hook up to a polygraph.

HA! Pretty sure it would blow up. I guess this is why it says on a piece of paper in my glovebox that I CAN NOT carry a slide-in camper with my truck because it doesn’t have the “Camper Package”. I believe the way I have things set up now I could easily carry one safely. I’ve always been curious as to how legally binding all of this weight voodoo is. I suppose in the right situation being overweight could count against you legally. I’ll just try to keep myself out of that type of situation to begin with.

2014 V-Lite 30WIKSS, Diamond Package W/All the goodies

http://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic50858_1.gif
EarlyRetirement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:15 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

You can overload a Superduty? I didn't know that was possible.

mackman1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:53 AM   #28
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKR View Post
Last I heard though we are done with Dodge though.
Everyone is done with Dodge. They haven't made trucks in years.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using the FRF mobile app.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:31 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadog99 View Post
I'd hang out around Branson... just sayin'
That made me LOL.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:41 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I received the winter edition of “My Ford,” the magazine put out by Ford Motor. I thought it was interesting that the cover photo and article was about a company hauling their 19,000 pound payloads (helicopters) with their Superduty trucks. The photo shows a SRW F-350 doing the work. Why did I find this interesting? Because according to Ford towing specs the maximum trailer towing for an F-350 SRW is 15,900 pounds. The article also mentions the trucks were modified by adding 2 inch suspension lifts that adds an additional 5000 pounds of towing capacity. I guess Ford feels the powertrain and brake system is good to go with the extra weight. Interesting...no?
I just read this last night!. Clearly Ford acknowledged that the ratings can be increased with basic modifications. They did have some fine print about the warranty not covering certain modifications. I wonder how much additional payload my F150 has now that I've added airbags??? At the risk of being too "I told you so", I would love to hear from some of our forum members that have adamantly stated unequivocally that you CANNOT increase your towing or payload numbers NO MATTER what you do to your truck. That stance seems to have been blown out of the water.