Old 02-06-2014, 12:22 PM   #51
Originally Posted by ironj View Post
so i just read the article again and its kinda vague.....they use f350s and f450s....

it seems the 350 are pulling the choppers which no way weigh 19k

they 450's they indicate are pulling loads of fuel and water.....i bet those are the 19k loads...

it says he added a 2" lift and got 5000lb more towing cap....? wonder if my 4" gives me 10k LOL..

either article....its no locomotive tho...hahah
Not to drag up old stuff- but I just read the article again, and it clearly states that he uses F350's and 450's to haul the loads of water and fuel.

dustman_stx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #52
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I received the winter edition of “My Ford,” the magazine put out by Ford Motor. I thought it was interesting that the cover photo and article was about a company hauling their 19,000 pound payloads (helicopters) with their Superduty trucks. The photo shows a SRW F-350 doing the work. Why did I find this interesting? Because according to Ford towing specs the maximum trailer towing for an F-350 SRW is 15,900 pounds. The article also mentions the trucks were modified by adding 2 inch suspension lifts that adds an additional 5000 pounds of towing capacity. I guess Ford feels the powertrain and brake system is good to go with the extra weight.

Maybe if you have the rotors spinning while you are hauling the helicopters, it helps with the weight on the trailer.

Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is online now   Reply With Quote