Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2016, 04:33 PM   #1

Husky 16ks needs adjusting

Hitch won't stay locked in place When sliding the hitch to rear for sharp trailer turning. The "notched rocker bars" won't lower enough to prevent the trailer and hitch from moving. Pictures show the bar won't quite lower enough to stop movement. I'm guessing a simple adjustment is all that's needed. If I crawl into the bed I can physically and easily move the rocker bars down to latch. Help will be greatly appreciated. I have included some of the things I think can be adjusted to help me, but don't want to monkey around until somebody with experience can direct me.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1467840602.782018.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	113272Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1467840715.176868.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	113273Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1467840767.547247.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	113274
rogerkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:54 PM   #2

Not sure if this helps but I am looking for solutions to the hitch jumping around on a bumpy road. During our most recent trip, our latch mechanism jumped off the bar and when we stopped the trailer launched forward. Again as we took off it slid backwards. I had to take a small hammer and tap it back down but have the same issue as you with it easily rising above the lock bar.
Not too happy but functional all the way to Orlando, up to Myrtle and will be headed back to MIchigan next week.
I will wait to see if others respond.
redlinmktg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:08 PM   #3

I contacted Husky and they emailed me a good copy of my sliding hitch and how to adjust it. The manual I had was not for my sliding hitch. Directions were good and all I had to do was remove a pin, turn the hydrolic gas piston thingy (I am away from my computer where the manual is and I'm drawing a blank as to what it's called) and replace the pin. Works fine now.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:16 PM   #4

I contacted Husky and they emailed me a good copy of my sliding hitch and how to adjust it. The manual I had was not for my sliding hitch. Directions were good and all I had to do was remove a pin, turn the hydrolic gas piston thingy (I am away from my computer where the manual is and I'm drawing a blank as to what it's called) and replace the pin. Works fine now.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:17 PM   #5

Can you shoot me a copy of the directions if yours is the 16ks which it looks like.
redlinmktg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:21 PM   #6

Not sure how to include the pdf version of the manual in this forum. I can forward you Husky's information they sent me which includes a downloadable version of the manual, but not sure how to do it through the forum. I can do it via e-mail.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:57 AM   #7

Sent you the info I have plus the pdf manual. Let me know if you were able to get it ok. Good luck on your trip home. I also live in Michigan and am currently camping NW of Allegan at beautiful Triponds camp resort.