Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 08:08 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglg View Post
I have the same issue. Took me forever to get this dialed in to correct sway. Dealer install was horrible white knuckle ride. I think I have it now but I had to use 6 washers and raise the trailer brackets. Now takes a lot of effort to get the bars on and off (even after jacking all the way up), but it does control the sway. And it makes a lot of noise. I also noticed a lot of wear on the bars on the top where it meets the trunion. Am I over-stressing this hitch?
Ram 2500HD towing a 29' TT about 8500 lbs.

I ended up dropping the two locating brackets one notch and it made a great improvement. Easy to attach, ride was much smoother and I think even economy improved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jlnrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:36 PM   #42
Coachman 312BHDS

You better weigh your rig at a CAT scale if you are lowering the brackets. I had to raise them three notches to get enough weight to the front axle (over 300 lbs) when we set my hitch up. I have know folks running 300-400 lbs heavy on the rear axle over the truck's limit and the front end floats. Being pushed around by wind gusts is a classic symptom.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:00 AM   #43
Coachman 312BHDS

I just helped another couple with his husky wdc ts brackets set too low. Always weigh your rig on a CAT or other scale. I was surprised they didn't have a problem driving with such an underweight steering axle.

Tags
towing