Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2015, 02:23 PM   #1

Husky Centerline TS Hitch

If anyone is using the new Husky Centerline TS WDH, I would like some input on how it is working out towing & hooking up. My local dealer is now carrying this hitch. Thanks in advance for the info.
mdt343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:12 PM   #2

Had a centreline hitch for our 2013 I thought the hitch worked great put on about 7,000 miles with it had a couple of issues with it, husky sent out a brand new head no questions asked. You do need to be almost straight inline to connect and disconnect. If look further into this area you will find another thread discussing husky centreline and equalizer, we have now gone into mh find it so much nicer

kdcamper

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
kdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:08 PM   #3

This is a new product that was introduced in late 2014 from what I have read. Can't find any reviews online. Just thought maybe someone on here maybe using this new Centerline TS.

mdt343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #4

Husky Centerline TS Hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt343 View Post
This is a new product that was introduced in late 2014 from what I have read. Can't find any reviews online. Just thought maybe someone on here maybe using this new Centerline TS.

I just picked up my V-light 30WFKSS Friday. I pulled approximately 300 miles with it this weekend (2011 Silverado 1500). The dealer sold me a Husky Centerline hitch and set the whole thing up. Seems to hookup easily with the supplied attachment tool and raising the tongue. I don't have any experience towing with a WDH prior to this, but did not notice any sway during my trips. Hitch leveled the truck and trailer appropriately. Looking forward to longer trips. Hopefully it continues to perform well.
Mountainvelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:41 PM   #5

Looks like an Equalizer with round bars instead of square.
Equal-i-zer WDH (10k), Prodigy Brake Controller
thebrakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #6

I have this hitch and I don't really care for it. I guess for the price it seems to be a decent WDS hitch. The dealer set it up so it wasn't perfect. After I adjusted it, it towed nicely. With gusts of wind the TT and TV will get pushed around in the lane. Because of the angle of hitch ball this Husky Centerline TS is a huge PITA to get unlocked from my TT. If the TT and TV are not level it can take me 30 minutes to get the trailer unhitched. I have to stand on the steel bars and jump and shake the hitch as I raise and lower the TT with the power tongue jack. I have tried rocking the TT and TV while trying to unlock the coupler. Putting the TV in drive and pull it forward a little.
Byronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:01 PM   #7

Part of the price negotiation on my new 2015 21DS was the inclusion of a WDS that would support my set-up; '01 low mileage (11K miles) E-250 towing the TT. I relied on the dealer to provide the appropriate equipment which turned out to be the Husky Centerline which they installed. Unfortunately, John won't use the bars because they make a horrendous noise...I mean, ya wanna grit your teeth and close your eyes every time you take a curve. (I understand they're friction bars and will make noise...but at what level may the noise be an indication that something is amiss?) Well, I bought the trailer in Florida and we're now in Indiana getting ready to adventure up to Acadia NP in Maine. My question is...would another dealer be able to ensure that the equipment was installed correctly?
BellaLynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLynda View Post
Part of the price negotiation on my new 2015 21DS was the inclusion of a WDS that would support my set-up; '01 low mileage (11K miles) E-250 towing the TT. I relied on the dealer to provide the appropriate equipment which turned out to be the Husky Centerline which they installed. Unfortunately, John won't use the bars because they make a horrendous noise...I mean, ya wanna grit your teeth and close your eyes every time you take a curve. (I understand they're friction bars and will make noise...but at what level may the noise be an indication that something is amiss?) Well, I bought the trailer in Florida and we're now in Indiana getting ready to adventure up to Acadia NP in Maine. My question is...would another dealer be able to ensure that the equipment was installed correctly?
Perhaps.

If you have the manual for the hitch please read it thoroughly you may be able to determine if it is correct and make needed adjustments.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Perhaps.

If you have the manual for the hitch please read it thoroughly you may be able to determine if it is correct and make needed adjustments.
Well, I do have the manual...and I have read it...several times, in fact. There is no "trouble shooting" in the index, but based on what I'm reading...if I understand it...there should be a straight line along the equipment...from the hitch on the TV through the tongue and sway bars on the TT. But when the dealer installed the hitch, he installed it upside down because the back of the van sits low. Also based on what I read...and again if I understand it...that's an acceptable thing to do...if it works. If that is the problem, I'm not sure what to do. I'm not strong enough, nor do I have the tools (the dealer used impact tools)...and to think...I used to be a heavy equipment mechanic in the Army 40 years ago
BellaLynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:55 PM   #10
Plain Old Member

I have one. Bought it just because we've had several other makes / models prior and wanted to see what this one was all about. Really don't need it other than to help out with the bounce you get without one. Got way more truck than I need due to last rig we had. It works pretty much like the Equalizer, although I think I liked the equalizer a little better. I had to make a few adjustments along the way. If I could take a little from each make, I might have something I like. I'm not crazy about the tool to get the bars off and on the L-brackets. Sure, you can almost get the trailer jacked up enough to slide the bars over the L-bracket tabs without the tool, but the electric tongue jack SOB installs (junk), isn't really up to it and I haven't replaced it with the Barker yet. One problem I've had with both brands, is the L-brackets moving on the frame. Some dealers will even bolt the brackets through the frame to prevent this. After repositioning the centerline brackets and retightening, I haven't had them move much.

If I bought another WDH tomorrow, it'd probably be the reese dual cam, as I just like the chain set up better. Just my preference.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch