Old 08-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #11
I and DW have been pulling a 5ver for the last 23 years and this year we moved to TT. After doing a lot of searching on to many sites to count and read so many forum reviews, jumped on the centerline, I pulled the TT for about 500 miles, My normally drive 100Kmph, been in side winds up to 40km and no sway, I did find that you do have to care when hitching up, the only other thing is the weight. We are going on 10k-12k km trip in a week. I can let you know more after that trip. But I don't think you will go wrong with this hitch.

2013 3500CC SRW Chev.
2013 Rockwood 8329SS D.Pkge.
class 5 airsafe c\w centerline

kdcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #12
I've used the Equalizer (4-point) on two TT's, and it has performed excellent on both. However, that's not saying other brands aren't as good, or better. As for the noise, I agree with the response of it 'being overblown'. Do I ever hear it? Yes, but only occasionally, and only when backing the trailer into a spot that's higher or lower than the road bed, or navigating a sharp corner on a campground road. Even then, it may 'pop' once or twice, but nothing more.

Beyond that, it's excellent in cross winds, or when passing semi's from either direction. Bringing our new trailer home last month, we had sustained 20 mph wind from the west, with gusts well over 30 mph. Of course my route was south! No sway, and solid as a rock. I realize, of course, the tow vehicle and initial set-up plays a large role in this.

It's amazing how many trucks you see towing TT's, using an WD hitch, and the nose of the truck is in the air, and the rear is low, as well as the trailer tongue. Some folks have the good equipment, but fail with the set-up.

You'll likely be pleased with whatever you go with, and wishing you great camping!

2016 Coachman Leprechaun, 319DS, Motorhome, Dodge Durango Toad
Badlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:15 PM   #13
I have used Equalizer for several years and it performs perfect. As said before, you don't notice sound as its not that bad. I cannot speak on the other brands because I never had a chance to use. If I had to I would buy again.
2012 F350 Lariat CC SRW 6.7L Powerstroke
pwrstroke2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #14
Own a Husky Centerline....Cant comment on anything other than the Dual Cam as i have used it on Rental Trailers prior to geting my own RV....The set up of the Husky is quicker and more fool-proof than the Dual Cam. It did take me a bit of adjustment to get it dialed in and minus one little issue that was resolved within 24 hours by the MFGR its been great.

The biggest negative i will say is that you need to be almost nuts on straight in line with the trailer to hook up and un hook due to the pressure cylinders. Not as big of a deal as it was in the begining because im better at backing up the rig. Its also very heavy but to me more steel is never a bad thing.

2011 Coachmen Catalina 28DDS
2015 Ram Bighorn 2500 6.4L
Nights Camped 2015: 28
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote