Husky TS WDH advice
I am lucky to live near the RV dealer and I frequent there as we do things to our 312BHDS (37') (the latest was wiring for sat or cable or antenna). Anyways, I have participated in or watched now the seventh installation and setup of the Husky TS WDH that we also use since I know the hitch guy so well there after it took a while to get ours setup properly. Just my two-cents after doing it enough times and then witnessing even more of them. A couple of points:
1. You cannot set it up properly without using a CAT or some other three platform scale to know if it is adjusted properly. Do not guess as the scales are all over and inexpensive (about $10.50). You can keep reweighing at most in a twenty-four hour period for free or a very small additional charge. We weighed ours five times before we got it right plus once for the truck alone. Fender measuring is not very accurate.
2. Never lube the bars or cams. (ball is fine)
3. Expect in some cases to have to lift the L brackets pretty high to get the weight distribution to the front TV axle correctly. If you cannot then the hitch may be undersized and can be upgraded to the next higher one.
4. Only accept zero sway. When setup properly it should correct itself immediately as you try to get it to sway in a test. Folks keep saying they still have some sway or a little sway. In every case where sway still existed the hitch was not properly adjusted that I have witnessed and they were ALL reduced to no sway whatsoever. This should also vastly reduce any porpoising as long as the tongue weight guideline is near normal 10-15% of total weight.
In other words if you cause the trailer to swing as a test - it should return to center. If it swings at all to the other side - it is not adjusted properly.
5. It is very normal for the bars to make a ton of noise at slow speeds. Just ignore it and don't lube them. It is also normal to have to lift the power jack near the maximum often with some additional blocks to get the bars on. It is also much easier to hitch up with the vehicle and trailer aligned but sometimes not possible. Then one side will be easy and one can be very hard.
2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 312BHDS (37')
2014 F150 Lariat 3.5 V6 Eco Screw max tow - Century hard cap - Husky Centerline TS WDH