Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2016, 08:52 PM   #131
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
I simply was giving my opinion as well backed up with actual facts and then start getting ad hominem comments directed at me. I have no problem with what people drive, I simple was pointing out why somebody with personal experiences on the topic might have a different view.
Well, no I believe you were stating that some of your opinions were indeed facts....and I don't believe they were all facts. I might be wrong. But when you state an opinion quite adamantly, claim that it's a fact, yet it's wrong, and then that is pointed out, yet you say those pointing it out are being an ass...........that is what I had issue with.
__________________

__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now  
Old 07-01-2016, 08:56 PM   #132
(Dry Huunday)
 
DreiHunde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Well, no I believe you were stating that some of your opinions were indeed facts....and I don't believe they were all facts. I might be wrong. But when you state an opinion quite adamantly, claim that it's a fact, yet it's wrong, and then that is pointed out, yet you say those pointing it out are being an ass...........that is what I had issue with.
__________________

__________________

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now  
Old 07-01-2016, 09:29 PM   #133
Senior Member
 
CaptnJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Per one question above. I not only can use the truck lanes, I have to. 22 foot truck and 40 foot fiver....I won't fit in any if the 'new' perpendicular auto gas lanes, not without backing out somehow. So I get in line with the semi's.

I do have to go inside first (often a long way) and give my credit card and a max *technically a minimum* before they'll turn the pump on. If I'm pretty empty I just say "$75" (at today's prices), and if I pump less, they credit the card the difference. I've only seen one "big boy" station that allowed private credit card automatic use.

What ticks me off is that those stations charge a premium to charge diesel vs. Cash.
What ticks me off, Pilot and Flying J often have the highest prices even when using a discount card! BUT you can always get in/out with backing...
__________________
2017 Montana HC 370BR
2016 F350 diesel
Edgewater 205 EX 150 Yamaha
CaptnJohn is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 09:47 PM   #134
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
What ticks me off, Pilot and Flying J often have the highest prices even when using a discount card! BUT you can always get in/out with backing...
I have to agree with you on that one!! In fact all the truck stops out here are higher than in-town stations now. They used to be cheaper. Don't know what is going on. Feel bad for the semi companies. But we do use the heck out of that flying j/good Sam discount card
__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now  
Old 07-01-2016, 09:53 PM   #135
Senior Member
 
BandJCarm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Between Pickles Gap and Toad Suck, AR
Posts: 3,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I have to agree with you on that one!! In fact all the truck stops out here are higher than in-town stations now. They used to be cheaper. Don't know what is going on. Feel bad for the semi companies. But we do use the heck out of that flying j/good Sam discount card
Help me out.

How do I use it when on truck lane.....and I have to pay in advance?
__________________
"Next to prayer, fishing is the most personal relationship of man" Herbert Hoover
"American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God"Lewis Grizzard

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is online now  
Old 07-01-2016, 10:05 PM   #136
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Help me out.

How do I use it when on truck lane.....and I have to pay in advance?
You go inside to the fuel desk, tell them what pump number you are on.

Give them the discount card along with your credit card.

The pumps are setup for cards from Comdata or others used by semi fleets.

And yes you will need to do so in advance.

BTW if you use the RV pump you can just use what ever card you buy fuel with.
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 10:18 PM   #137
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 2,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Help me out.

How do I use it when on truck lane.....and I have to pay in advance?
Depends. If you have the flying j/pilot/good Sam card that allows you to charge to the card then you can just use that at any of the pumps... if the truck stop has the upgraded/newer pumps and software. Most of them do now. The chargable card has its own control code that the pump asks for.

If you just have the discount card I think you have to go inside but I'm not positive about that one.

The only time I use the semi lanes at pilot is when some motorhomes have taken up residency at the RV pumps
__________________
NMWildcat is online now  
Old 07-01-2016, 10:32 PM   #138
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 2,250
I should of said if you have the RV PLUS card you can use it at the semi lanes and receive your discount. But you have to charge it to that card ( can't use a personal card) You have to have a valid good Sam membership. Just pick up an application at the truck stop if you don't have one.
__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now  
Old 07-01-2016, 11:03 PM   #139
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
You must be a lot of fun at parties......😞

Isn't it time to close this thread anyway?
This is the ad hominem response I was referring to. I quoted the whole thing, no where is he disputing a claim I made just making a personal attack. Now go read the definition of ad hominem. This, and only this was what I was referring to as being an ass. If this kind of stuff is acceptable on here that's fine, suit up because after 11 years in the Navy I'm sure I can dish it out with the best of them.

The whole point of me posting in this thread was to give my personal experience with 2500, and 3500 trucks both gas and diesel. Something I wish somebody would have pointed out to me before I also surrendered, you diesel guys won, and I came over. Luckily it wasn't a big deal, live and learn. I could see if I had spent a year's salary, or a college education for my kids on a new truck, like some have done. I might be a little more likely to convince myself it really did do ok day to day. Instead I had a 3rd car so the pretty diesel sat there, month after month, and then gloriously came to life 4-5 times a year for a run down to Yellowstone. If you are overloaded then by all means you need a bigger truck or a smaller camper, and you may need to live with what you got day to day. That wasn't the case here with the OP. Maybe money is no object, then again, get a big truck. I personally wouldn't stop at a 3500, I would get an International Terrastar 4x4 or MTX. These are all just my opinions, and based on sales numbers I would say I'm not alone in these opinions.

As far as my opinion -vs- facts, what I claim to be a fact is almost always the 1500 version of a truck stops shorter, accelerates, faster, and handles better unloaded then the 2500 or 3500 versions. There are plenty of road test comparison reviews of trucks where they hook up instruments to the trucks that accurately measure such things, and then run them head to head, on the same day, same conditions, and same road. My brother just bought a 2015 f150 3.5 ecoboost for example. That truck is a beast in all catagories, 1/4 mile, 60-0 braking, etc. MT got 15.0 sec @ 92.5 mph, and 126 ft 60-0. The 2015 3500 silverado in the same test did 16.1 sec @ 84.2 mph, and 146 ft 60-0. This was just this year's test, go back and you see the same thing over and over, without the trailer the 1500s put up better numbers.

No hard feelings with anyone here, just want to give my experiences like everyone else seems to be allowed to do. Actually I kind of like the ad hominem attacks. They always let me know when I hit the mark. If you can't argue substance, attack the man!
__________________
Hersbird is offline  
Old 07-01-2016, 11:08 PM   #140
Senior Member
 
NMWildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 2,250
*sigh*
__________________

__________________
Scott and Liz - Southern NM
2012 Wildcat Sterling 32RL - w/level up (best option ever)
2007 Chevy 2500HD 4dr short bed Duramax w/allison
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
diesel

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 PM.