Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #151

I also love how now of course my facts are right.
Any top motor 1500 from the the big 3 same year, will be quicker and stop faster then any 2500 or 3500 from the same year. Hemi is faster then Cummins, 3.5 turbo or 5.0 is faster then powerstroke, and 5.3 or 6.2 is faster then Duramax unloaded. Towing again a different story, but all along I have been talking about living with the truck in my case what amounted to 90% of the time.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hersbird View Post
I also love how now of course my facts are right.
Any top motor 1500 from the the big 3 same year, will be quicker and stop faster then any 2500 or 3500 from the same year. Hemi is faster then Cummins, 3.5 turbo or 5.0 is faster then powerstroke, and 5.3 or 6.2 is faster then Duramax unloaded. Towing again a different story, but all along I have been talking about living with the truck in my case what amounted to 90% of the time.

Is this factual or what you believe to be right? I've never actually tried it but it feels to me like my powerstroke is faster than any gas 1/2 ton I've driven, again what it feels like to me. I don't know if you've drive a diesel pickup, I would think you have since you're weighing in on this but they are very quick and stop very well

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 07-02-2016, 12:54 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
I like the color!

When I test drove all the Big 3 before buying my Ram 3500, I had to admit that the GMC had the best ride.

I still love my truck!
Isn't that all the matters in the end? You love what you have...until the new truck catches your eye and you buy new.
Old 07-02-2016, 01:00 PM   #154

Just curious diesel contingent...here's my numbers from Detroit, MI to Pomona, CA. How do you guys do mpg wise on the same type of trip. I was getting 8.6 mpg until I hit the Rockies.

Your comments won't change my mind either way. I'm still getting the diesel big boy. I want the security of knowing the truck can comfortably handle whatever grade is thrown at it. My family's safety and my nerves deserve it! I'll likely get a grand more in payload moving up to the 350-3500 too. I'm at 2,761 now with the 250 gasser and I'm 700 short of max per my last weighing at the start of this trip.

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8281WS
2015 F250 Crew Cab
Old 07-02-2016, 01:22 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerky View Post
Is this factual or what you believe to be right? I've never actually tried it but it feels to me like my powerstroke is faster than any gas 1/2 ton I've driven, again what it feels like to me. I don't know if you've drive a diesel pickup, I would think you have since you're weighing in on this but they are very quick and stop very well

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
You don't have to feel anything. People hook them up to very accurate machines that measure such things to the 1000th of a second all the time for testing. What you feel is torque which is important but the limited rpm ability means the truck has to shift into the next gear sooner loosing the huge torque multiplication factor of 1st 2nd, and 3rd gears sooner then a high revving gas motor. This is where horsepower comes into play. Horsepower is a measure of work being done over time while torque is just how hard something pushes against a lever. I can apply 100 ft pounds of torque to a bolt but if it doesn't move then I'm making 0 horsepower and no work is actually being accomplished. So the OP's original concern was not that his truck couldn't tow his camper, just that he didn't like running the RPMS. Just like a 2500 or 3500 stops and handles adequately so does the said 1500 adequately tow that camper, it's just a different design.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:50 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheacox1 View Post
Just curious diesel contingent...here's my numbers from Detroit, MI to Pomona, CA. How do you guys do mpg wise on the same type of trip. I was getting 8.6 mpg until I hit the Rockies.

Your comments won't change my mind either way. I'm still getting the diesel big boy. I want the security of knowing the truck can comfortably handle whatever grade is thrown at it. My family's safety and my nerves deserve it! I'll likely get a grand more in payload moving up to the 350-3500 too. I'm at 2,761 now with the 250 gasser and I'm 700 short of max per my last weighing at the start of this trip.

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8281WS
2015 F250 Crew Cab
The diesel motor extra battery and heavy duty alternator will cut some of your expected increase. Most loaded 3500 payload will be 3400 to 3500. All the stuff like heated/ cooked seats, moon roof, nav system all weigh against you.
Old 07-02-2016, 05:39 PM   #157
Site Team

Ok this thread has more than run its course. Time to put it to bed.

Closed Thread

Tags
diesel