Old 03-05-2016, 07:21 PM   #1

If I buy off on the tire changeout discussion....

....I've talked to y'all, the factory, the dealer, and every other manufacturer's user group. I've been talked to about tires from every source you can imagine. Guys who have 'towed for 45 years', guys who have 'had every nightmare', guys who say 'all those guys are crazy, things are ok'.

Fine.

I do not want to get into another discussion about tires. BUT, here's a question for you. Don't go rabbit hunting, just this one question.......

I'm about to order a Cedar Creek 36CKTS. It comes with Westlake E rated 16" tires.

IF (note that word, ok?)..........IF I were to decide to upgrade/change to GY 114's and a steel rim, tell me......in specifics.......exactly where you'd buy such things, and the exact model of tire AND rim you'd buy.

I need model numbers, SKU numbers, specifics........and at least one source. Cause my Google skills are apparently limited, I can't find 'em anywhere.

Help?

Thanks!

Old 03-05-2016, 07:30 PM   #2

Also, telling me 17.5" tires is not enough info.

I need the full description/size..........235/R70-17.5? 215/R60-17.5? 245......well you get my point.

If anyone has actually made this conversion, I'd love to talk to you.

Thanks.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:59 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

If I buy off on the tire changeout discussion....

I swapped from 235/80R16 to 17.5" tires. I believe this screenshot of my invoice should give you all of the details that you need. I purchased from Trailer Tire & Wheels (www.trailertireandwheels.com).

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457236732.455077.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	101167
Old 03-06-2016, 10:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I swapped from 235/80R16 to 17.5" tires. I believe this screenshot of my invoice should give you all of the details that you need. I purchased from Trailer Tire & Wheels (www.trailertireandwheels.com).

Attachment 101167
HAHA. It might if I wasn't 67 1/2 years old!!! I can't see that, not at all.

I did find that website after I posted this. But it's the only one I can find!! What the heck?

And does the invoice (that I can't see) list the specific tire and wheel size?
Old 03-06-2016, 10:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
....I've talked to y'all, the factory, the dealer, and every other manufacturer's user group. I've been talked to about tires from every source you can imagine. Guys who have 'towed for 45 years', guys who have 'had every nightmare', guys who say 'all those guys are crazy, things are ok'.

Fine.

I do not want to get into another discussion about tires. BUT, here's a question for you. Don't go rabbit hunting, just this one question.......

I'm about to order a Cedar Creek 36CKTS. It comes with Westlake E rated 16" tires.

IF (note that word, ok?)..........IF I were to decide to upgrade/change to GY 114's and a steel rim, tell me......in specifics.......exactly where you'd buy such things, and the exact model of tire AND rim you'd buy.

I need model numbers, SKU numbers, specifics........and at least one source. Cause my Google skills are apparently limited, I can't find 'em anywhere.

Help?

Thanks!

Not to be combative with you but how do you know that the tires are "E" rated?

I have a 2016, 34RL Cedar Creek with ST235/85R16 Load Range "G"14PR tire. The actual numbers for the load range are 129/125L :4080 LBS @110 PSI, See attached pictures of my spare tire. The trailer was bought new from the factory in April 2015.

I have put close to 10,000 miles on these tires to date with no issues and plan on using them all of this year (2016). I will than upgrade to another new tire either using the same Westlake tire or find a Goodyear/Michelin tire when I buy new.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0517.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	101182   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0516.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	101183  
Old 03-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #6

I did find this one..........IF this is correct, nod your head.

Heavy-Duty LT Truck-Trailer Tire & Rim at Trailer Parts Superstore

Looks like there are two.......painted white, and painted silver. Both are $398.00 each with rims included. No mention if they are aluminum or steel rims.

Stock # 1619040 (supplies limited)
or
Stock # 1619038 (white)

Will those just fit right on, and bolt on? I notice the both require flanged nuts.

Is that the one(s)???

$398.00
Stock # 1619038
$398.00
$398.00
Old 03-06-2016, 10:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
Not to be combative with you but how do you know that the tires are "E" rated?

I have a 2016, 34RL Cedar Creek with ST235/85R16 Load Range "G"14PR tire. The actual numbers for the load range are 129/125L :4080 LBS @110 PSI, See attached pictures of my spare tire. The trailer was bought new from the factory in April 2015.

I have put close to 10,000 miles on these tires to date with no issues and plan on using them all of this year (2016). I will than upgrade to another new tire either using the same Westlake tire or find a Goodyear/Michelin tire when I buy new.
Because I've talked directly to the dealer and the factory, and that's what comes on that model.

I believe.........it was around April of last year that they discontinued the Goodyear tires at the CC factory........per the warranty manager there.

And......I don't know I'm going to switch out day 1. But I want to know the + and -, and I want to know the exact tire/wheel and a good source to acquire.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:22 AM   #8
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
HAHA. It might if I wasn't 67 1/2 years old!!! I can't see that, not at all.

I did find that website after I posted this. But it's the only one I can find!! What the heck?

And does the invoice (that I can't see) list the specific tire and wheel size?

Ha. I thought you'd be able to click it and zoom in. But basically, it's a 215/75R17.5 tire. Specifically, I bought the Continental HTL Eco2 tire.

The wheels are actually the same maker and model as the factory wheels (Sumec Lynx Silver) - just in a different size.

The only other place that offers the 17.5" trailer wheels for RVers is Rickson Tire out of Maryland.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:24 AM   #9

There are dozens of trailer tire dealers online. Pick one, call them and discuss your situation. 7K or higher rated axles get the 17.5 inch tire and wheel package that suits your preference. If you go with the GoodLucks youll be stuck to one brand only.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:31 AM   #10

Thanks. I haven't found dozens. I couldn't find any, so I posted a request for help.

I then found one, and someone above found another.

I'm usually a Fair Googler! Guess I suck at tire searches, though. And there's a ton of discussion on this stuff here.........but danged little that says exactly the right hole pattern rim, whether you have to change rims at all, whether steel or aluminum rims are required, and this is the first I've seen the actual tire size, LT215/75R-1.5".

Maybe I missed all that somewhere else........if so, I apologize.

Tags
tire