Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2016, 12:19 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Hutch333id's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cochrane, AB
Posts: 759
With my 2016 F350 dually I'm getting about 12.5l per100km (nearly 19mpg) on undulating ground, not towing at 100kmh (60mph). Haven't really tried it towing yet due to the season.
__________________

__________________


Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:19 AM   #32
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
SYE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Burton, MI.
Posts: 4,116
With my 2015 Chevy 3500 with a Duramax, I got 24.5mpg doing ~ 60mph on back up north roads, which included hills. Towing mt 5er along this same path I got 13.5 mpg.
__________________

__________________
Scott & Vicki
2018 Silverado 3500HD Dually 6.6L Duramax/Allison
2018 Columbus 366RL 1492 Edition
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79 Nights Camped 2018 4 nights reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:49 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,221
Is it true in the new F350's you have to take the cab off to work on the Turbo? I was considering one but think I May go with a Dodge 2500 as a mechanic for the DPW said they hate working on new Fords. I can see that being an issue after the warranty runs out but lots of work to do that
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:18 PM   #34
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Is it true in the new F350's you have to take the cab off to work on the Turbo? I was considering one but think I May go with a Dodge 2500 as a mechanic for the DPW said they hate working on new Fords. I can see that being an issue after the warranty runs out but lots of work to do that
All of the big 3, its easier to pull cabs to work on the back of the motor. Gm's have the most room. Dodge is even tighter than ford from my experience.
Honestly i can pull a cab in about 1-2 hours, so its really not that big a deal.
__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 03:08 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
All of the big 3, its easier to pull cabs to work on the back of the motor. Gm's have the most room. Dodge is even tighter than ford from my experience.
Honestly i can pull a cab in about 1-2 hours, so its really not that big a deal.

Yeah but not having the experience, I would be concerned however I am fine with my Hybrid and F150 EB for now, we will see as time goes on if I have the need to upgrade.
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:27 AM   #36
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Yeah but not having the experience, I would be concerned however I am fine with my Hybrid and F150 EB for now, we will see as time goes on if I have the need to upgrade.
Lol!!!
Its funny your worried about what it takes to change a turbo on a new diesel, and that hybrid you have will kill you dead if you go poking around in the wrong areas. Add to that the fact that the battery is about $10k and only has a 10 year warrantied life.

As i said before, on trucks its easier to pull cabs to work on some of stuff on them. (Some cars it's easier to drop the engine and cradle out the bottom.) Gm trucks are the easiest as the fenders will come off and you can leave the cooling system intact. Fords and dodges have a light fender skin with the inner structure welded to the cab, so all cooling really needs to be removed.

All of todays vehicles require some specific knowledge and tools to work on them. Honestly if your not in the automotive industry or have a connection to someone in it, its probably best to have your vehicle under warranty or buget quite a bit for repairs.
__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Too Tall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 814
Interesting F350 fuel mileage data

On the Ram the turbo is right there after you pull the intake hose. Don't see why the cab would have to be pulled.
__________________
Rockwood 2104S, 2014 Ram 2500 Diesel.
USMC 68 -70
Too Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:13 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
wicked1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Manahawkin
Posts: 2,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Lol!!!
Its funny your worried about what it takes to change a turbo on a new diesel, and that hybrid you have will kill you dead if you go poking around in the wrong areas. Add to that the fact that the battery is about $10k and only has a 10 year warrantied life.

As i said before, on trucks its easier to pull cabs to work on some of stuff on them. (Some cars it's easier to drop the engine and cradle out the bottom.) Gm trucks are the easiest as the fenders will come off and you can leave the cooling system intact. Fords and dodges have a light fender skin with the inner structure welded to the cab, so all cooling really needs to be removed.

All of todays vehicles require some specific knowledge and tools to work on them. Honestly if your not in the automotive industry or have a connection to someone in it, its probably best to have your vehicle under warranty or buget quite a bit for repairs.

Not sure about your first portion of this comment about my Hybrid and battery, I can not justify the cost of a Diesel as I only have light duty needs with less than 6,000#'s on my trailer. I was looking at used or leftover 2015 but still well over $50K
__________________
2016 F350 Supercew Short Box 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2015 FR Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:25 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
B and B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmot Twp, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,604
How many people in this thread have had a Turbo need replacing? Or the EcoBoost engine have issues? Or the Duramax throwing a crank? Or dodge Asian tranny hatch? For all the folklore and "what if" scenarios you are better off staying home and not towing.
__________________
B and B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:37 AM   #40
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
How many people in this thread have had a Turbo need replacing? Or the EcoBoost engine have issues? Or the Duramax throwing a crank? Or dodge Asian tranny hatch? For all the folklore and "what if" scenarios you are better off staying home and not towing.
Thats what i was getting at with my response to wicked1.
Hes concerned about long term maintenance on a diesel, but not on his hybrid, that is very costly to maintain long term.

Dodges 6.7 is the only current diesel engine that ive heard of that had some turbo problems, and they may have that fixed now.
__________________

__________________
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
f350, mileage

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.