Old 09-29-2014, 06:46 PM   #11
I use these and the work great. The ones I have are a little different and I can't seem to find them but one is for side to side and the other is for front to rear. The one that is side to side is pretty darn accurate. Which ever number is at the center of the bubble is how many inches that side needs to come up. Depending on how close the trailer is and the surface I am parking it on I will sometime push gravel out to lower one side. I use the stack-able plastic blocks unless I need to come up 3+ inches then I will build a small ramp with boards. I do use one axle most of the time though.

With these levels it is a one man operation if need be. I just put the camper where I want it and then look at the level. It tells me how much I need to come up.

Bubble Level RV Travel Lower Trailer camper Truck 5th Fifth Wheel Vehicle | eBay

2005 Ram 5.9 AT SB QC (Retired)
2010 Ram 6.7 G56 QC CC Aluminum flat/Leveled (Sold)
2008 Nitro Z9 towed by a 2015 Sanibel 3601 towed by a 2013 Ram 3500 SRW CCSB Cummins
2006 EZ GO 6" lift
transamz9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 06:56 PM   #12
Site Team
A lot of people here (myself included) use some form of the 'Lego Block' levellers. I use these ones (RV Leveling Blocks, Set of 10 - Four Corners D11-133 - Chocks & Levelers - Camping World) because they often seem to be on sale when I'm in Camping World. Other's use the ones from Lynx (the orange ones).

This way, you don't have to keep long boards on hand, but instead build an overlapping stack of blocks to drive up that will be long enough for both wheels. I still keep a couple of 5' boards to put under the wheels for those rare times I'm on soft ground, but for raising a side to be level I use the blocks. Even when using the boards in soft ground I then place the blocks on top of the board on the low side to do my levelling.

There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:04 PM   #13
I always have boards I put under my tires, both sides get a 2"x10"x4' then if not level depending on how far off either another 2"x10"x4' on the low side or a 5/4"x 6"x4' to level it. Just back up to where you want it then put the boards down pull forward onto them and ck if its off ad to the low side.
Think about things before you do them make life easier not harder.
mark0224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #14
I have use the Anderson levelers 4 times since the beginning of summer. They are worth the money recommend them. They are easy to use.
2005 Ford F-250 6.0 Diesel
2013 Sierra 365saq
ezawacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:15 PM   #15
this is what I use to check level, and I have a 5 ft 2 by 12 with a piece of aluminum bolted to the bottom to keep it from splitting on the 5ft`er it has a lift of 3inch and when I do not need that much i also have a set made up just for each tire with a 1 1/2 lift
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	level (1).jpg
Views:	106
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	64165  

2012 Wildcat 344QB

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote

axle, leveling