Old 09-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #41
Thanks milzat.

2010 Rockwood 2604SS
2008 Silverado 1500 LTZ 4X4

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:53 AM   #42
Originally Posted by mcmjc View Post
I was just told by my RV dealer that Equalizer is redesigning the tongue mounting brackets due to high failure rates.
I have been following this thread closely because I have decided to buy an Equalizer WDH to replace my current set up. I was particularly interested in the quote above because I would wait until any such redesign before buying. I have been in contact with Daniel Hicken with Progress Mfg and he sent me the email below. I don't think I will wait.

I havenít heard of any redesign, aside the most recent change from the box-style to the bolt-style brackets. Generally speaking, any change to the hitch system takes about 6 months to go from us, through our distributors to our dealers. It can take as much as 9 months, depending on the stock that our distributors have of our hitches. As I donít know of any imminent change to the link plates, Iíd hate to have you wait for a year or more to buy the Equal-i-zer.

Daniel Hicken
Customer Service Lead,
Progress, Mfg Inc.

grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #43
Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
I have the EQ-Hitch. It was installed by RVW in Ohio. I just got off the phone with both companies. RVW did flip the mounting plates (I have a V-nose trailer). they didnt however install the self-threading screw on the L-bracked. My L-brackes on both sides a bowed out. If the self threading screw was installed this wouldnt have happened! So Progressive Manufacturing admitted almost as such it wasnt RVW fault because they dont inclued those self-threading bolts with the hitches. So with that said Progressive Mfg. is replacing all the bolts and L-brackets(& face plates + the self threading screws). It appears to be happening alot on b-style hitches (under). If you follow the new installation instructions, no bending should occur ! They said as long as my current hitch hasn't walked (moved). It should be ok to use untill the replacement parts are recieved !! PS - NO redesign is in the workes because the self-threading bolt placement fixes the problem !!

BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote