Old 10-19-2015, 09:50 AM   #1
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Joy rider trailer shock system.

In talking with the owner of tweetys rv parts this morning he told me about this great ride control product for tt's and 5th wheels designed and built by the man who used to work for lippert and designed all there ride control products including the 5th airborne.

Looking into these for the Columbus.

JOY RIDER RV Ride Control

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "30 nights"

Old 10-19-2015, 10:05 AM   #2
Mod free 5er

You can't go wrong adding shocks to any rv trailer. Makes a world of difference with respect to how the trailer reacts to swales & bumps in the road and the way the truck rides. Makes all the difference in the world.

Old 10-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Didn't see in add if they'd work on torsion style as is.....
Old 10-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #4

Looks like they only have kits for the Antique type spring systems! Youroo!!
Old 10-19-2015, 11:41 AM   #5
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Didn't see in add if they'd work on torsion style as is.....
You saw a torsion suspension with shocks or at least that's what you said you were looking at. I suspect now you were just taking another nap.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:27 PM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

My issue with the Joy Ride system is the company - I submitted an email to them and didn't hear back. Though, I used a different website - RV Improvement Systems.

I should have called, but was busy.

Otherwise, I tried having the place in Colorado Springs get and install them and they claimed it would be worse in the trailer than without. I already didn't have great vibes from them and didn't pursue it. I'll look again soon enough for the Sabre to find somewhere to install them.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:10 PM   #7
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Joy Rider Shocks for Fifth Wheel

I looked into getting this system for my Wildcat earlier this year (just haven't done it yet). I spoke with the owner and he offered to help arrange the install. For me in the Dallas area that was Camping World. If I plan on a trip up to Elkhart, he was going to hook me up with his guys there. He also travels to Quartzite and other shows and said he would be willing to the install himself if I plan to attend any that he has scheduled.

This was a nice video that Henderson's did last year

Trailer Life had a nice article on them last year. This is the Trailer Life TV Installation Video where their guys installed a set on a Grand Design Reflections Fifth Wheel

Sonny is very easy to talk to so I suggest you just give him a call on his cell phone. Here's his contact info:

Sonny Dismuke
RV Improvement Systems
Cell 574-370-4515
Elkhart, In
Maxxis 16" E; Ride Rite AirBags w/AirLift 1 wireless compr; Adv.Folding 4 Cover Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset ball LCI Ground Control 3.0 4pt + 2pt Elec.Rear stabilizers; 3 Slidecovers; 10ft. Portabote 6000# Dexters; mor/Ryde CRE3000 w/HD Wetbolts; King Dish Tailgater; 5hp Outboard Dual A/C; Furrion 48 Rear Camera; Champion 3100 Inverter w/Extended Run
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #8

I have put it on my 5th wheel and have used it one time .ride is great. the hardest part of putting the joy ride on it drilling the hole in the frame . great item not sure if I'm going to put the disk breaks on yet.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:49 AM   #9

sorry but put the joy rider on a 2014 cedar creek 38 fl
Old 10-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #10

I do not understand how a spring company can claim that putting a shock kit on a any trailer could make things "worse" any trailer system weather spring or torsion has road shock and vibrations that will be transferred to the frame of the trailer that will then go into the structure of the trailer that will then go into the truck pulling it.
One of the biggest issues with trailers it that the systems used are so old that is it dose little to help not doing damage to the coach, and the bigger and heavier it is the worse the damage can be. So i would try a second company for advice even though i know they are supposed to be respected company.
Happy Camping

silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer