Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
Always Learning

Know your height- youtube video

Maybe the driver knew his height and the bridge was mis-labeled, but holy mackerel!

Old 05-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
Site Team

At the :33 and :38 marks you clearly see both signs on the right say the bridge is 10'5", which seems awfully low. I'm guessing he was on a road that didn't allow big trucks....since you don't ever see another one in either way of travel.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Site Team

I went to youtube and read this about the video:

Video taken on Long Island, NY. Trucks here are not supposed to drive on the parkways, due to low overpasses. Earlier today, as I was driving, I saw a tractor trailer driving down the parkway in the right lane. I knew that something was about to happen, and I immediately started recording. Soon after I started recording, the truck struck an overpass, and was obliterated. I pulled over to make sure the driver was okay. He was fine, but clearly upset.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #4

At :38 you clearly see the sign - 10' 5". Ouch.

Of course it would have been a nice idea to maybe flag the truck and let him know he was in trouble instead of getting out the camera.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:49 PM   #5

I haven't measured mine yet, but it's speced at 13'2". I really need to measure it, I went under a bridge marked 14'0" and it was a nervous moment when I first approached it.

Bad day for that guy, cargo obliterated, trailer also. The truck will need checked out, and to top it off the bridge will now be looked over, he's on the hook for repairs there also.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote