Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #1

Leased tow car

Is there anything in a lease saying that you can or can not tow a car with your RV?
tlynnking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #2

Lease requirements and restrictions are determined by the lease company. So, it could be different from one company to the next and probably depends a lot on the vehicle leased. I would suggest reading the lease agreement, and/or call the lease company.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
DDC

Don't drill any holes in a leased vehicle, my bud did that for his hitch but cost him a lot when the lease was up.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:15 PM   #4
fx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
Don't drill any holes in a leased vehicle, my bud did that for his hitch but cost him a lot when the lease was up.
This.

If you are towing a TT with a stock F250 with factory brake controller there is no issue. If you drill holes in the bed for an aftermarket 5th Wheel hitch it is probably gonna cost you!
fx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:45 PM   #5

I leased 3 pickups, one of which I added a class III hitch to, and one of which I added a 5th wheel hitch to. I had no issues as at when returning either Ford pickup. A lot of leases have a damage waiver included (like bring it back with up to $2,000 in damage) but I don't think that even came into play. They expect you to use these vehicles. Bring it back with the door caved in, going to cost you, bring it back with a scratch on the top of bumper because the DW dragged something out of the trunk, normal wear and tear. I'd just ask the dealer outright. Also, when you say leased tow car, do you mean a toad, or a tow vehicle? If you mean a toad, the only issue I could see is possibly putting on miles if you have to have the key in the ignition and you're flat towing.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrkd View Post
I leased 3 pickups, one of which I added a class III hitch to, and one of which I added a 5th wheel hitch to. I had no issues as at when returning either Ford pickup. A lot of leases have a damage waiver included (like bring it back with up to $2,000 in damage) but I don't think that even came into play. They expect you to use these vehicles. Bring it back with the door caved in, going to cost you, bring it back with a scratch on the top of bumper because the DW dragged something out of the trunk, normal wear and tear. I'd just ask the dealer outright. Also, when you say leased tow car, do you mean a toad, or a tow vehicle? If you mean a toad, the only issue I could see is possibly putting on miles if you have to have the key in the ignition and you're flat towing.
I'm new to the RV world, just bought our first Georgetown 350BH last year. Buying/leasing a Honda CR-V before we start camping for the season to toad.Sorry I didn't explain more. Thanks for the info.

first time RV owners
2011 Georgetown 350BH
tlynnking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:06 PM   #7

I do not believe so. Just ask your honda dealer. You would be responsible for any damage and/or removal of tow hardware including extra wiring.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote