Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #201
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Just got my new truck a few weeks ago. Been out twice with it now and have loved every minute of towing with it. Big difference over my F250 V10
Looks great!

But I think you have too much truck for your trailer...time to upgrade the 5er!
__________________

__________________
2012 Flagstaff 8528 BHSS
2008 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4x4 6.4L Power Stroke

fordmantpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #202
Senior Member
 
handbuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington state
Posts: 1,227
2004 Nissan Titan 4x4 V8 5.6L & 2003 Ford F150 V8 5.4L Triton

I love my Titan! It has the tow package, off road package, utility bed package and much more...most importantly, more power than I will ever need to pull our 2012 Flagstaff Hardside toyhauler pop up!

The Ford F150 is no slouch either! I just wish it was 4wd for winter time use...it gets much better gas mileage than the Titan.

Since DH is expert snow driver, he can drive this one in winter, not me! LOL I admit I need all the help I can get...have already gotten sucked into the mountainside once and stuck twice...dang slush tractor beamed me right in...4wd got me out...

But I digress....can hardly tell the low profile a-frame is following us in either truck!

Tamara
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-06-08 17.37.21.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	17470   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-03 12.00.11.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	17477  
__________________

__________________

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:14 PM   #203
Senior Member
 
wyo700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbuilder
I love my Titan! It has the tow package, off road package, utility bed package and much more...most importantly, more power than I will ever need to pull our 2012 Flagstaff Hardside toyhauler pop up!

The Ford F150 is no slouch either! I just wish it was 4wd for winter time use...it gets much better gas mileage than the Titan.

Since DH is expert snow driver, he can drive this one in winter, not me! LOL I admit I need all the help I can get...have already gotten sucked into the mountainside once and stuck twice...dang slush tractor beamed me right in...4wd got me out...

But I digress....can hardly tell the low profile a-frame is following us in either truck!

Tamara
I have a 05 titan and love it. I pull a 26 foot toy hauler it pulls it good. I have had problems with my axle seals leaking though now. Got my drivers side replaced about a month now my passenger side is leaking. Other wise I have been extremely happy with it.
__________________
2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #204
Senior Member
 
QCCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri
Love the colors QCCowboy. If I could have picked my colors that would have been them.
Thanks. I loved these colors so much on my 250 I had to have them again on the new one!
__________________
Jack of all trades - Master of none
2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2014 Sabre 36QBOK
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #205
Senior Member
 
handbuilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Washington state
Posts: 1,227
Wyo - we had the rear done a couple months ago due to the seals leaking..other than tht abd a few curious cabin rattles, no complaints...haha
__________________

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #206
Senior Member
 
wyo700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbuilder
Wyo - we had the rear done a couple months ago due to the seals leaking..other than tht abd a few curious cabin rattles, no complaints...haha
I changed my axle vent out from that stupid check valve after the first one leaked so hopefully now it won't happen again.
__________________
2012 Sandstorm 203slc
2013 Toyota Tundra
Eqil-l-izer hitch,Prodigy P3
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #207
Senior Member
 
golfmedik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Auburn, GA
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Just got my new truck a few weeks ago. Been out twice with it now and have loved every minute of towing with it. Big difference over my F250 V10



Nice looking rig! Of course I am partial to the color! Yep, I have it's older sibling. Very nice!!!
__________________
2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ weighing @ 15k, Onan, 2nd air, slide toppers, TST
2013 F350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 CC DRW,Viair 1007, Ride-Rites, Edge CTS, B&W
2001 Chevy 3500CC DRW 4x4, 8.1L, 4.10 gears w/ Detroit TrueTrac
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:08 PM   #208
Senior Member
 
golfmedik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Auburn, GA
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbuilder View Post
Wyo - we had the rear done a couple months ago due to the seals leaking..other than tht abd a few curious cabin rattles, no complaints...haha
Do you have the infamous driver's door rattle? If so, it's very easy to stop. Buy some pieces of sticky backed loop velcro,(fuzzy side), take the door panel off and cut strips of the velcro to go in and around the door lock extension(where it comes through the steel inner door, and wrap the velcro from inside the door(window channel side) towards you. Then cut pieces for the door panel rests that stick through the steel and put them on. I've had to do this twice now in 10 years on my work partners '03 F150. Put the door panel back on and give it a try. Had to do it a couple of times initially to find all the rattling areas, but it has worked very well to control the rattling.
__________________
2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ weighing @ 15k, Onan, 2nd air, slide toppers, TST
2013 F350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 CC DRW,Viair 1007, Ride-Rites, Edge CTS, B&W
2001 Chevy 3500CC DRW 4x4, 8.1L, 4.10 gears w/ Detroit TrueTrac
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #209
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik

Do you have the infamous driver's door rattle? If so, it's very easy to stop. Buy some pieces of sticky backed loop velcro,(fuzzy side), take the door panel off and cut strips of the velcro to go in and around the door lock extension(where it comes through the steel inner door, and wrap the velcro from inside the door(window channel side) towards you. Then cut pieces for the door panel rests that stick through the steel and put them on. I've had to do this twice now in 10 years on my work partners '03 F150. Put the door panel back on and give it a try. Had to do it a couple of times initially to find all the rattling areas, but it has worked very well to control the rattling.
Golf, have u had any problems with your main door bolt? Mine engages, but does not turn all the way. It seems like the wood in the door jam might be too close to the bolt when i close it.....any thoughts on fix?
__________________
2012 Ford F-350 6.7L CC SRW w/FX4
2013 Forest River Sierra 365SAQ
Beausdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #210
Senior Member
 
golfmedik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Auburn, GA
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beausdog View Post
Golf, have u had any problems with your main door bolt? Mine engages, but does not turn all the way. It seems like the wood in the door jam might be too close to the bolt when i close it.....any thoughts on fix?
Take a chisel and cut out the wood and see if will close and latch completely then. My rear door had the same problem and that is how I got it to latch and dead bolt correctly.
__________________

__________________
2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ weighing @ 15k, Onan, 2nd air, slide toppers, TST
2013 F350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 CC DRW,Viair 1007, Ride-Rites, Edge CTS, B&W
2001 Chevy 3500CC DRW 4x4, 8.1L, 4.10 gears w/ Detroit TrueTrac
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.