Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #661
Moderator Emeritus
 
RVChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In the Country
Posts: 6,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doering View Post
Here she is. Picked up 2 weeks ago. We looked for well over 2 years before purchasing and this floor plan (Flagstaff 832 IKBS) delivered on every aspect that we desired. Incredibly roomy with the 3 slides.
I love the way FR does their graphics!
__________________

__________________
Kenny n Karen
TV: 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW - named Alice
RV: 2012 XLR Thunderbolt 35x12 - named Thor
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #662
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Some...you meant there are more Phrogs out there like me??
No, only you and that will be remedied sometime this weekend after BombDoc and I persuade you to do things a little different and you recover from the interview/interrogation/persuasion technique BD is famous for. Tell Kenny to call 'Visiting Angels' for standby duty.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #663
Senior Member
 
FandRChambers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 373
Nice units....enjoy them and share experiences at different camp grounds. Just pulled into Greys point in Va on the water....first time here. See how it compares to its sister site beth page.
__________________
Fred & Teresa
2005 Coachmen Encore Sportscoach
2005 Harley Road King
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:59 PM   #664
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 19
Toy Hauler Tow Rig

Dodge Ram 2500 w/Edge Programmer
Puma 351THSS Toy Hauler
20K AirSafe Hitch
2008 HD UltraClassic (inside)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0008.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	30745   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0007.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	30746   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0009.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	30747  
__________________
harleycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #665
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern Ontario Canada
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleycamper View Post
Dodge Ram 2500 w/Edge Programmer
Puma 351THSS Toy Hauler
20K AirSafe Hitch
2008 HD UltraClassic (inside)
Sweet! No fear of touching the cap on a sharp turn with that setup.
__________________

2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Travel Trailer
2012 F150 EcoBoost (HD Payload & Max Tow)
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #666
Resident Masshole
 
force's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 433
@Bourne Scenic Campground

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130517_183534.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	30752
__________________
Tom F.
2013 GMC 2500HD SLT Crew Cab
2013 Rockwood Roo 23SS
Nights camped in 2014: 8
Nights camped in 2013: 30
force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #667
Senior Member
 
Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gruene, TX.
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by force View Post
@Bourne Scenic Campground

Attachment 30752
Nice!!!
__________________
Scratch sends...
'12 nights camped: 12
'13 nights camped: 24
'14 nights camped:
Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #668
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleycamper View Post
Dodge Ram 2500 w/Edge Programmer
Puma 351THSS Toy Hauler
20K AirSafe Hitch
2008 HD UltraClassic (inside)
You have the same year and model Ram we have - do you have the Cummins 6.7L Diesel engine in it?

One thing I noticed about yours and mine also is why the Diesel equipped 2500's do not have factory installed dual exhausts. My dealer said there are dual headers, but they both feed into one exhaust pipe.

All the 1500's I see do have dual exhausts.
__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #669
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
You have the same year and model Ram we have - do you have the Cummins 6.7L Diesel engine in it?

One thing I noticed about yours and mine also is why the Diesel equipped 2500's do not have factory installed dual exhausts. My dealer said there are dual headers, but they both feed into one exhaust pipe.

All the 1500's I see do have dual exhausts.
I may be opening up a small can of worms here but here is my official answer. Yes I do have the 6.7L Diesel and I love it. Because it is an inline engine there is only one exhaust manifold. I'm not sure what benefit splitting the exhaust into two outlets would get anyone although there are forums out there where people have done it. If it was a V type diesel engine, you would have two exhaust manifolds and it you can treat it just like a gas engine. I have heard of guys opening their exhaust up "too much" and losing low end torque because of the loss of back pressure. Now I'm no expert on that but just repeating what some guys have told me. Plus, a stock 2500 with a 6.7 will pull just about anything out there. I love passing the Fords and Chevys while I've got 12K behind me:-)
__________________
harleycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #670
B47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Keller, Texas
Posts: 6,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleycamper View Post
I may be opening up a small can of worms here but here is my official answer. Yes I do have the 6.7L Diesel and I love it. Because it is an inline engine there is only one exhaust manifold. I'm not sure what benefit splitting the exhaust into two outlets would get anyone although there are forums out there where people have done it. If it was a V type diesel engine, you would have two exhaust manifolds and it you can treat it just like a gas engine. I have heard of guys opening their exhaust up "too much" and losing low end torque because of the loss of back pressure. Now I'm no expert on that but just repeating what some guys have told me. Plus, a stock 2500 with a 6.7 will pull just about anything out there. I love passing the Fords and Chevys while I've got 12K behind me:-)
I should have thought about what I was going to say before I said it. You are correct about the engine being an inline six - therefore only one exhaust manifold. I asked my dealer why there were not duals on it before we brought it and I guess I had a brain fart that I never recovered from.

We love it too.
__________________

__________________
B47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.