Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2018, 04:51 PM   #1

Lippert strap tek

Anyone on here using this system , (replaces chains on WD hitches) I know people say they won`t give up chains for straps or they just plain hate lippert products. Well I bought this system new on ebay for 90 bucks. Mainly because I wanted to try it out. This spring I`m going to take the Equalizer hitch off and install the strap tek. Going to test it with my reese dual cams hitch with and without the cams and see how it controls sway . Anyone using this please chim in . Thanks Big Red
Big Red and 30WR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 05:26 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red and 30WR View Post
Anyone on here using this system , (replaces chains on WD hitches) I know people say they won`t give up chains for straps or they just plain hate lippert products. Well I bought this system new on ebay for 90 bucks. Mainly because I wanted to try it out. This spring I`m going to take the Equalizer hitch off and install the strap tek. Going to test it with my reese dual cams hitch with and without the cams and see how it controls sway . Anyone using this please chim in . Thanks Big Red

Next time you are driving down the freeway, check out all the flatbed trucks with ordinary cargo. Now count how many of them still use chains to secure their cargo.

Only time I see chains is with heavy construction equipment that is loaded with sharp edges which are hard on straps.

The materials used to make these straps can be a lot stronger than some people are willing to accept. For that matter there are a lot of people that are unwilling to accept any change.

I do like the adjustment flexibility. As for sway control???????

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 12:44 PM   #3

Why did you change from the Dual-Cam setup, to the Equal-I-zer?
Equal-i-zer WDH (10k), Prodigy Brake Controller
thebrakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrakeman View Post
Why did you change from the Dual-Cam setup, to the Equal-I-zer?
I traded in my old toy hauler for the 30Wr the dealer told me the dual cams I have wouldn`t work on the new trailer . (I have the old style dual cams ) After trying to explain that they would have to remove the propane tank tray and lift it up to install the cams , they wasn`t getting what I was talking about. Ended up with a Equalizer hitch which works great . I have had the dual cams on this trailer which works great as well. I generally switch back and forth between the too hitches . Maybe I need to find a hobby besides swapping hitches . Seen the strap tek and thought heck I will try that with the dual cam hitch.
Big Red and 30WR is offline   Reply With Quote