Old 12-01-2015, 02:29 PM   #11
GSlone

28 WP

I have the 28WP toy hauler, this is my second year with it and have yet to load my Street Glide in it. I will be in the spring. But unsure if I can use the rings in the floor to stablize it, for those with heavy bikes how are you securing it to the floor (without drilling something into the floor)?

2009 Harley Davidson Street Glide
GSlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:38 PM   #12

never had an issue loading our bike or any toys on or off the fifth wheel

Old 12-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSlone View Post
I have the 28WP toy hauler, this is my second year with it and have yet to load my Street Glide in it. I will be in the spring. But unsure if I can use the rings in the floor to stablize it, for those with heavy bikes how are you securing it to the floor (without drilling something into the floor)?
GSlone, I use the rings, and have hauled my SG, my wifes Fatboy & my buddies Ultra (not all at the same time - variations of 2 of each...) anyway, I use Harbor Freight "condor style" wheel chocks for the front wheel then tie the bottom of the handle bars down to the front rings & then put a strap through the rear wheel to the back rings. Held my SG & my buddies Ultra solid with no issues. We hauled them about 3,000 miles so far. For my wife's Fatboy, since it has the solid wheel, I tie from the swing arm to the rear rings. those rings are pretty solid.
Good luck, happy trails.
-2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide (his)
-2004 Harley Davidson Fatboy (hers)
RVBikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #14
GSlone

Thanks for the info, I'll load her up in the spring and give it a go!
2009 Harley Davidson Street Glide
GSlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #15

I want to thank all for you input. Just ran from southern MD to Toms River. Need to unhitch tomorrow for the first time. Thanks again and Happy Holidays!
Old 12-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #16
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVBikers View Post
I have an XLR Hyperlite 27HFS and loading my Street Glide I have to bring the tongue up or I will bottom out the frame of the bike. Your Vengeance has that "beaver tail" so that helps. ...................
Beaver tail. I like that description. I've tried to explain it before but your explanation is the best.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #17

I load my '15 Limited with the trailer not connected to the truck. I jack the tongue jack up much higher than the hitch level. This made getting the bike over the floor/ramp threshold much easier. I think mine would bottom out, or darn close to it, with the trailer on the truck. The first couple of times made me nervous, but I have a good system now. I cut a 2x6 in half and put a section on each side of the bike on the ramp so I can leave me feet down all the time. I use the friction zone of the clutch to control speed going in, and the front brake going out.

I put e-track down on the floor so I can change the strap locations for the bike and the atv's.

Tags
bike, toy hauler, trailer, travel, travel trailer