Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #11

Mm outdoors. I don't have any experience with R-pods but my thought is to try to buy your 3rd RV first. How old are the grandkids? What are your plans for rainy days? Do the campground you plan on going to have indoor play facilities for the kids? Whatever you decide, you an your grandkids will have great memories of spending the time together

Polaris XP550
Berkshireba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #12

We can't effort to buy new, so the TT will be used. The choice for lighter weight models appears to be limited to the newer models, which makes sense given the gas price issues over the most recent years.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #13
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Outdoors View Post
R-Pod might work... thoughts?
I like the look & feel of the Rpods, never owned one but always take a tour through them at rv shows or dealer lots.

I think this unit would serve you well based on how you plan on using your camper...take a look at the RP-182G, great floorplan w/bunks and only 2800lbs Dry Weight...once loaded, you'll probably weigh in under 3500lbs.

At that weight your tow vehicle of choice is wide open
Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Outdoors View Post
We can't effort to buy new, so the TT will be used. The choice for lighter weight models appears to be limited to the newer models, which makes sense given the gas price issues over the most recent years.
We did the same last year that you are looking at this year. Last year we bought a used Cherokee Lite 28A from Pleaseureland in Baxter, MN. Two years earlier we bought a older used Suburban. We only paid 2600.00 for the Suburban and use it only to pull the camper. The insurance is cheap so it was a steal for us. The camper we bought sleeps 8 and it is usually just my wife and the grand kids that go camping also. It is a bunkhouse with a queen bed a slide out for the couch and dinette which both tun into sleeping area. Before this we had two different pop ups that we loved but got tired of setting up all the time.

Think about what you are going to do when it rains out as our grand kids are 8 and 12. We have had rainy camp trips and glad that the camper is the size it is. The oven is a plus since last year was the first year that I had pizza when camping. The grand kids loved it also.

This works for us and we are even leaving to go camping today up by Lake Mille Lacs.

I hope you find the right combination that you are looking for but like somebody else said buy your 3rd camper first. I wish I would of done that.