Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
hmmmmmm I feel a heart break coming on !

TURBS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #12
Yeah, that's a 3/4 ton camper!

crocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:06 PM   #13
Drinkin beer on the beach
My SK2112 has a front bedroom, I tow it with a half ton truck. Its not always the most fun, but I drag it over Palomar Mountain on the way to my riding spot. A diesel truck is on my long list of wants.

The SK2112 is about 6000lbs and fits two full size quads in it. I'm not saying this is the trailer you need, but its something to look at since everybody says the NRG is too big.

I have most of the bolt ons that you do, but my BFG ATs aren't as tall as your Nittos. I did have my transmission out of the truck and gone through. Zpack, shift kit, piggyback cooler, and reprogrammed it with HPTuners.

I just realized you live in Kansas. Is there any other state out there thats flatter???
2014 Silverado 2500 6.6L TD and 4X4
2011 Carson Standard Duty Car Hauler
2012 Forest River Stealth SK2112
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #14
Moderators' Assistant
just want to make sure you know that Keystone is not a FR product.
you'll get plenty of advice and knowledge here, but probably no one will know anything about that particular trailer.

and i also agree that loaded, you'll be at max or over it.
Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Simply put, IT WON'T WORK. Too much trailer for the truck. Number one is tongue weight, you won't find a weight distribution hitch to handle that with your truck. Number 2 is tires. Yes the 17 inch wheels reduce the the tow capacity, but the tires you have won't work. Number 3 is the is the lift of the front, The trailer is really going to lift the front.

Bottom line, your truck, your money, your trailer, you hit me, my lawyer against yours. and I will know more about tow capacity then you will. I have an 2001 Super Crew, towing 7,000 pounds. Yes max, but legal. If you wreck overloaded, look out for many lawsuits, if the people and victims are alive to prosecute.

Yes, I hope to scare you out of this or trade trucks with it.
2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #16
Thanks for the input. I will be looking for a smaller hauler or possibly an enclosed set up with camper amenaties. All you info is appreciated. I realized that this wasnt a forum for the Keystone campers but saw alot of input about people helping others get real info about rigs. Windrider- your the kind of POS that would come onto a post about someone looking (Im not one of the people that bought and then said, shoot I cant haul this) for my first camper of my own and basically threaten me that if I cause an ACCIDENT you will sue me. ALL you had to do was say it wont work! To the rest of you I will try and post something after I find the RIGHT rig for me and my TV. thanks.
edgroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
I have the heaviest tow package available for a 2006 F150, and the hitch is rated for a maximum of 990 lbs. using a weight distributing system. I can't imagine that a 2005 is more that that, and maybe even less. That 1240 lb. tongue weight is gonna be way over the hitch rating.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #18
Drinkin beer on the beach
Keep looking, you'll find the right deal on the right camper.

You can get a lot of info from the weight stickers on the the trailer. Mine had one right in the door jamb, and another one on the street side, near the front. That should give you a good idea right away if its a good fit for you and your truck. Do you have a friend's trailer you could hitch up and pull around?

Reason being, is just because the numbers say you can, being too close to max SUCKS!
2014 Silverado 2500 6.6L TD and 4X4
2011 Carson Standard Duty Car Hauler
2012 Forest River Stealth SK2112
Rod Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #19
I get the safety part. The factories put a max on there truck for a reason. The max is there to tell you, you can tow that much weight safely with that particular truck. Stay at it or under. Most people say give yourself some room in weight, good idea. If I am towing at my max and not over then I am not doing anything unsafe. Of course given that the guy pulling that weight is not driving like a fool, and that goes for guys towing under there max too. I have a 2011 F150 Platinum with 3.31s, built in TBC and anti sway. My hitch is a class 5 max weight 10500, max tong 1050. My GCVW is 14000, max GVW 7200 Max weight I can pull by the manual 8200lbs. I am pulling a 2012 Sandstorm SLC233, 28.5 feet, dry 6145 tong 876. Loaded with gear 100g of water 40g of gas and a 750 brute force 8140lbs tong 1020lbs. I use a equilizer 4 point wdh. truck pulls it fine no noticable sway evan with a crazy ass head and side wind. My tranny temps stay around mid to high 190s. Mid 190s is normal temps. Thats me I dont tell anybody else what to do, and I tow safely. Heck fully loaded with the WDH my front end only lifts about 1 inch.
sfctanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #20
Take a look at a GreyWolf 25RR toyhauler, 4500 dry weight, 850 hitch weight and plenty of cargo room.

Gquist is offline   Reply With Quote