Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2015, 08:08 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,517
GM guys may have to drive what they have for a bit. I see on the news where a big GM plant is on fire in Louisville right now. Could be the truck plant ??

Russell
__________________

__________________
CAT-RN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:21 AM   #42
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
GM guys may have to drive what they have for a bit. I see on the news where a big GM plant is on fire in Louisville right now. Could be the truck plant ??

Russell
Timothy Kuniskis was spotted in the area.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:26 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
f5moab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,983
GM plant in Louisville? Could it be Bowling Green; home of the Corvette? But certainly not a truck plant. And one possible GM plant on fire does not mean a certain line will cut off and certainly will not affect ALL GM vehicles.
I know Ford has a huge truck plant on the eastern side of Louisville.

Curious now...what plant?

There is a fire at a GE plant in Louisville. Could that be the same?
__________________
Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires DELAMINATED ROOF
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 08:32 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,517
Max Chevy Trans Temperature

Not sure on what plant. Not sure. Was huge fire.

Heck it could be GE. LOL. my sometimers kicking in and out. Sometimes I get it right sometimes I don't. Ha

Russell
__________________
CAT-RN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:03 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
CAT-RN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,517
Max Chevy Trans Temperature

Yep. Saw it again. GE appliance plant. Little off topic. Back to Trany temps.

Russell.
__________________
CAT-RN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:59 PM   #46
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1
That chart posted at the beginning of the thread is at least 25 years old and has been making it's rounds around the Internet for at least that long. BTW-it was wrong then and is VERY WRONG now because it doesn't take in to account the leaps and bounds in the advancement of transmission fluids like the new Dexron 6 and other fluids speced by other auto manufacturers.

The Dex 6 is good up to 275 degrees and the Silverados with the new 6 speed transmissions will actually tell you (through the DIC) that it's getting too hot. The new fluids are well refined with the Dex6 actually refined so well it almost carries the same properties as synthetic fluids.
See advantages of Dexron 6 about half way down the page-
http://www.gmls4.com/index.php?topic=604.0
__________________
cknsls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:54 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw,NC
Posts: 3,132
I plan to start using synthetic transmission fluid once I get to 100,000 miles and I am out of warranty, I use synthetic oil in the engine now, always have


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
2015 Cedar Creek 32RL
2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ignhavefun.gif
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:56 AM   #48
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I plan to start using synthetic transmission fluid once I get to 100,000 miles and I am out of warranty, I use synthetic oil in the engine now, always have


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Why wait?

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "2 nights"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:27 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
f5moab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by cknsls View Post
That chart posted at the beginning of the thread is at least 25 years old and has been making it's rounds around the Internet for at least that long. BTW-it was wrong then and is VERY WRONG now because it doesn't take in to account the leaps and bounds in the advancement of transmission fluids like the new Dexron 6 and other fluids speced by other auto manufacturers.

The Dex 6 is good up to 275 degrees and the Silverados with the new 6 speed transmissions will actually tell you (through the DIC) that it's getting too hot. The new fluids are well refined with the Dex6 actually refined so well it almost carries the same properties as synthetic fluids.
See advantages of Dexron 6 about half way down the page-
Dexron VI: Why we use it and why we DO NOT FLUSH OUR TRANSMISSIONS!
Good information.

I totally agree with the chart being outdated; noted that to someone in another thread. Just had no idea what the fluid could withstand in regard to high temps.

However, that tech letter posted states in the heading "why we DO NOT FLUSH OUR TRANSMISSIONS!" and yet, they go onto describe how to correctly flush a transmission using (I'll assume Kent-Moore tool) J 45096.

I had my H3 trans flushed in Moab by the local dealer and he used a Kent Moore flushing tool that used Dex VI as the flushing agent. That went along with a neighbor of mine who was a GM trans engineer.
__________________
Trailer: Lifted 228BH, heavy duty springs and Yokohama tires DELAMINATED ROOF
TV: 2016 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 CC, SLT
Spare TV: Two Alaskan Malamutes

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #50
Junior Member
 
nvychf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 16
This is very interesting since my 09 Burban runs around 185 normally, with a towing package factory installed.
__________________

__________________
nvychf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
transmission temperature

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.