Old 09-23-2014, 09:43 AM   #41
Oklahoma Proud

Just saying, that obviously he could most likely get a better deal on gm's with the employee discount, than not getting one with a ford.
I don't know what people say about an "x" plan, but in real dealership negotiations, as a real employee, you can get real factory discounts, that other places cant touch. And you have to figure apples to apples-exact option codes and build times. Cause different options and even different times in the model year will have different prices added to it.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Just saying, that obviously he could most likely get a better deal on gm's with the employee discount, than not getting one with a ford.
I don't know what people say about an "x" plan, but in real dealership negotiations, as a real employee, you can get real factory discounts, that other places cant touch. And you have to figure apples to apples-exact option codes and build times. Cause different options and even different times in the model year will have different prices added to it.
I'm definitely NOT the expert on Ford's price plans, but I've been led to believe that it's a price, not a discount. Meaning, you don't negotiate your best price and then get additional factory discounts that the general public doesn't get. Rather, you select a vehicle and it has a plan price, depending on which plan, that it is priced at. My observation has been that a savvy consumer can negotiate to about the same as the price offered on the plan. The plan basically saves you the "haggling" and is available at any dealer on any vehicle.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:42 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by l001952119 View Post
BEWARE, the truck is assembled in Mexico.
thats funny their is a ft. wayne plant and another in texas that we have been flying axles to the last year out of mexico, at one time in ft wayne their were 10 freighters sitting on the ramp stuff full of axles (assembled, ready to install) waiting to get off loaded and delivered to the assemble plant

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagged123 View Post
I have the 6.2 1500 with the max tow and I don't run prem. in it. There's no need to.
Tell the educated engineers that designed the 6.2 engine they are wrong. They do not make any more money requiring (it's in the book) premium gas! Then there is some people who burn that corn "stuff"! I believe in protecting the engine. To each his own!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
thats funny their is a ft. wayne plant and another in texas that we have been flying axles to the last year out of mexico, at one time in ft wayne their were 10 freighters sitting on the ramp stuff full of axles (assembled, ready to install) waiting to get off loaded and delivered to the assemble plant

We have a plant in Arlington, Texas that produces mostly SUV's. Are the axles absolutely destined for pickup trucks? I presented my experience for "take it or leave it" people! Some "people" like to argue! That is why I rarely post in this forum. There are RV'er's in this forum and there are some that shouldn't be RV'er's!
Old 09-24-2014, 02:54 PM   #46
fx2

My overall gas mileage on my 2012 EcoBoost was 13.8 over 28k miles. My Ram 2500 with the 5.7 over 200 miles is 16.4.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:12 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by l001952119 View Post
We have a plant in Arlington, Texas that produces mostly SUV's. Are the axles absolutely destined for pickup trucks? I presented my experience for "take it or leave it" people! Some "people" like to argue! That is why I rarely post in this forum. There are RV'er's in this forum and there are some that shouldn't be RV'er's!

Whuch you talkin about Willis?
Old 09-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #48
Site Team

I don't like to argue but I do like to take pictures. I have a '14 GMC Sierra SLT with the 6.2L engine and the Max Trailering Package (what the ordering system called it). Regarding octane usage, I found this on page 9-69 of my Owner Manual:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411592893.041990.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	381.8 KB
ID:	63480

I don't know if the design engineers know this paragraph got slipped into the manual, but it does not say premium fuel is "required".

The following is a picture of the label inside my fuel fill door.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411593063.735019.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	63481

I've been told Recommended does not have the same meaning as Required.

I usually run 89 octane mid-grade gasoline. I've never heard 1 knock and it's a beast towing and getting groceries and passing slow vehicles!

Sent (I think)

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:43 PM   #49

If it were me I'd run premium. Which in that case you may as well get a diesel.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:45 AM   #50

I did not even read the post, answer is max tow, if you can make the choice it is always max tow. If it will not be needed for this trailer, it will help with the next trailer, there will always be a next trailer.

X96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote