Old 09-25-2014, 08:40 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx2 View Post
My overall gas mileage on my 2012 EcoBoost was 13.8 over 28k miles. My Ram 2500 with the 5.7 over 200 miles is 16.4.
Good luck convincing people that you are able to get better mileage with a 3/4 ton hemi than you can a half ton Ecoboost.

Old 09-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #52
Mddle of the Rd Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Good luck convincing people that you are able to get better mileage with a 3/4 ton hemi than you can a half ton Ecoboost.
Also thinking that a two hundred mile average is not something I'd hang my hat on......

2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2013 RAM 3500 6.7L diesel DRW Crew Cab
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it....."
MeepMeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 10:05 AM   #53

[QUOTE=Mr. Dan;707613]I don't like to argue but I do like to take pictures. I have a '14 GMC Sierra SLT with the 6.2L engine and the Max Trailering Package (what the ordering system called it). Regarding octane usage, I found this on page 9-69 of my Owner Manual:

Attachment 63480

I don't know if the design engineers know this paragraph got slipped into the manual, but it does not say premium fuel is "required".

The following is a picture of the label inside my fuel fill door.

Attachment 63481

I've been told Recommended does not have the same meaning as Required

I usually run 89 octane mid-grade gasoline. I've never heard 1 knock and it's a beast towing and getting groceries and passing slow vehicles!

Here in Canada Regular 87 Octane is $1.30 a litre. Mid grade $1.35, Premium $1.42 and Diesel is low right now $1.21. These prices are per litre. Premium is a killer and of that was required I certainly would look at Diesel when buying new truck.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #54
fx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepMeep View Post
Also thinking that a two hundred mile average is not something I'd hang my hat on......

I do not believe that a 200 mile sample is indicative of what I can expect from my 3/4 ton overall, it is promising though. My point is that everyone's experience is different. Dustman is just following me from post to post to try to call me a liar and insinuate I never owned an EB

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx2 View Post
I do not believe that a 200 mile sample is indicative of what I can expect from my 3/4 ton overall, it is promising though. My point is that everyone's experience is different. Dustman is just following me from post to post to try to call me a liar and insinuate I never owned an EB

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Uh. Not exactly. I'm clicking on the new threads I see in the right hand column under Recent Discussions. You keep throwing around your mileage numbers out there and I'm questioning them. Your EB numbers actually are very close to what mine are. But I do lots of short trips, lot's of in town driving, and 20% or better of the miles I've accumulated have been while towing a 9K plus camper at 65mph. I did say that I was inclined to not believe some of what you were saying, but I never said I doubted you had an EB. I've already stated this, but I'll post it in this forum: It seems to ME that you had a run in with Ford for whatever reason and are now being a little over generous in your praise with your new Dodge. And I'm not saying the Dodge is a bad truck- I have owned 2 Dodges myself and liked them pretty well.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #56
ARLO

I have owned 2 Dodges and 8 Fords. There is no comparison. I will never buy another another Dodge. The Fords are just too reliable. I was the fleet manager for two different fleets. We had a couple of Dodges and were happy to trade them in for Fords. It's not the major components that were a pain in the lower rear part of the torso. It was all of the small stuff. They were always in the shop for something. With my current employer, we have ambulances with well over 300,000 miles on them pulling 12 hour shifts several times a week and when they leave the parking lot they run constantly for 12 hours. All Fords.