Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
mhuffs9017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Milford, OH
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
If you like, go ahead and trade. The reasoning, if you are already thinking your truck may not handle it like you want, you won't be satisfied. If you aren't losing too much money(subjective, I know) the I would trade up. In my opinion, you can't have too much truck. If you don't want to trade now, use the one you have until you change your mind or your situation is better.
I have to be honest first, I haven't even towed this thing yet with the current TV. The first will be all interstate, about a 2 hour ride so I'm sure I'll get just about everything I can handle there, hills, semi blow bys, wind, traffic etc. I'm going to have to at least try this first with what we have. If it works and I feel ok well then so be it. If not, the decision to trade-up has to be made and will be made before any future long hauls.
__________________

__________________
2013 F350 DRW 6.7 3.73 - Lariat Ultimate FX4 - Tuxedo Black - 14K GVWR
2013 Sabre 36QBOK
2012 Rinker 246BR - "Off The Grid"
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
mhuffs9017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Milford, OH
Posts: 132
I broke down. Couldn't sleep thinking about it anymore. I'm happy to announce our new TV.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...8W3DT2DEA90235

Picking up here in a few hours, trading in the F250. When all was said and done I couldn't deal with knowing that I was exceeding the standard and knowingly putting my cargo at risk. My stomach hurt thinking about it. I'll take the hit and deal with that as I move forward but at least I'll know that the decision I've made is allowing me to sleep peacefully.
__________________

__________________
2013 F350 DRW 6.7 3.73 - Lariat Ultimate FX4 - Tuxedo Black - 14K GVWR
2013 Sabre 36QBOK
2012 Rinker 246BR - "Off The Grid"
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #23
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post
I broke down. Couldn't sleep thinking about it anymore. I'm happy to announce our new TV.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...8W3DT2DEA90235

Picking up here in a few hours, trading in the F250. When all was said and done I couldn't deal with knowing that I was exceeding the standard and knowingly putting my cargo at risk. My stomach hurt thinking about it. I'll take the hit and deal with that as I move forward but at least I'll know that the decision I've made is allowing me to sleep peacefully.
Whew doggy! What a truck! Hit the scales for the fun and education of it- but no worries about going over your ratings!

(cough) need to update your signature! (cough)
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
golfmedik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Auburn, GA
Posts: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post
I broke down. Couldn't sleep thinking about it anymore. I'm happy to announce our new TV.

http://www.inventory.ford.com/servic...8W3DT2DEA90235

Picking up here in a few hours, trading in the F250. When all was said and done I couldn't deal with knowing that I was exceeding the standard and knowingly putting my cargo at risk. My stomach hurt thinking about it. I'll take the hit and deal with that as I move forward but at least I'll know that the decision I've made is allowing me to sleep peacefully.
That thing has everything but the kitchen sink....oh wait! You are pulling one of those! I am sorry that we may have caused you to spend more money, but in the long run, I think you will be elated on your purchase. It may even happen when you reach the speed limit the first time on the interstate! The dually will be much more stable and carry that weight without breaking a sweat! However I do applaud you for asking these questions and at least being open to the conversation that has taken place. I know it was an additional expense you were not planning on, but like me, I figured since my family was going to travel with me, I was not going to push the limits of my rig. Truck or trailer. I sincerely wish you the best and heres to MANY happy camping trips!
Oh, by the way, you do realize we won't believe any of this until we see pics of the ENTIRE rig!!! Congrats!
__________________
2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ weighing @ 15k, Onan, 2nd air, slide toppers, TST
2013 F350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 CC DRW,Viair 1007, Ride-Rites, Edge CTS, B&W
2001 Chevy 3500CC DRW 4x4, 8.1L, 4.10 gears w/ Detroit TrueTrac
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #25
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuffs9017 View Post
I'm happy to announce our new TV.
Random thought - my Ram had a 500 mile break-in period before towing was recommended. Depending on when/where you pickup the RV - you might need to do some driving!
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
mhuffs9017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Milford, OH
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
That thing has everything but the kitchen sink....oh wait! You are pulling one of those! I am sorry that we may have caused you to spend more money, but in the long run, I think you will be elated on your purchase. It may even happen when you reach the speed limit the first time on the interstate! The dually will be much more stable and carry that weight without breaking a sweat! However I do applaud you for asking these questions and at least being open to the conversation that has taken place. I know it was an additional expense you were not planning on, but like me, I figured since my family was going to travel with me, I was not going to push the limits of my rig. Truck or trailer. I sincerely wish you the best and heres to MANY happy camping trips!
Oh, by the way, you do realize we won't believe any of this until we see pics of the ENTIRE rig!!! Congrats!
Truck pics shortly. Total package hooked up hopefully next weekend.
__________________
2013 F350 DRW 6.7 3.73 - Lariat Ultimate FX4 - Tuxedo Black - 14K GVWR
2013 Sabre 36QBOK
2012 Rinker 246BR - "Off The Grid"
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
mhuffs9017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Milford, OH
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Random thought - my Ram had a 500 mile break-in period before towing was recommended. Depending on when/where you pickup the RV - you might need to do some driving!
Same, it's 500, I'll drive it no problem in a week to break it in.
__________________
2013 F350 DRW 6.7 3.73 - Lariat Ultimate FX4 - Tuxedo Black - 14K GVWR
2013 Sabre 36QBOK
2012 Rinker 246BR - "Off The Grid"
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
golfmedik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Auburn, GA
Posts: 966
The 500 mile break in period is not for the engine, it is for the gears to mesh in the rear end. After the 500 miles, I would not anticipate any problems pulling that unit at all! Fantastic choice! Like ependydad stated, now you can go have your rig weighed for fun without having to worry about the numbers!!
__________________
2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ weighing @ 15k, Onan, 2nd air, slide toppers, TST
2013 F350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 CC DRW,Viair 1007, Ride-Rites, Edge CTS, B&W
2001 Chevy 3500CC DRW 4x4, 8.1L, 4.10 gears w/ Detroit TrueTrac
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
mhuffs9017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Milford, OH
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
The 500 mile break in period is not for the engine, it is for the gears to mesh in the rear end. After the 500 miles, I would not anticipate any problems pulling that unit at all! Fantastic choice! Like ependydad stated, now you can go have your rig weighed for fun without having to worry about the numbers!!
Fun, that's the word this is all about! No more worrying for us, just all about FUN!!!!!



Best forum ever!
__________________
2013 F350 DRW 6.7 3.73 - Lariat Ultimate FX4 - Tuxedo Black - 14K GVWR
2013 Sabre 36QBOK
2012 Rinker 246BR - "Off The Grid"
Nights Camped 2013 - Not enough!
mhuffs9017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,365
Can't wait to see the pics
__________________

__________________
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.