Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo700 View Post
Are you happy with the performance of your tundra. I know I sure am. I was really surprised how much better it pulls than my old Titan. The gas milage sucks but the power is amazing. It's nice to be able to keep my speed even in a head wind.
wyo700 yes very happy with the Tundra, I had a 2008 Tundra before this 2013 but it was a 6 cylinder and I was pulling an 18 ft. Micro-Lite by Flagstaff with it. It also had plenty of power for that application DW wanted a larger trailer so I had to go to the 5.7 4X4. I am getting 8 mpg towing the 26TBSS (hopefully the new tires will improve my tow mpg), 15 to 18 not towing. I thought about getting the Ford 3.5 Eco Boost but not for long, I liked my other Tundra too much to switch besides at 65 years I am old enough that I still don't trust turbos. Do you have any experience with air foils for kicking the air up over the TT top while traveling?
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:49 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Have run GY Marathons since 1976 and have never had a problem with them. Just took a set off that were 16 yrs old that that had been on our race car trailer that set on dirt and had dry rotted so bad the tread literally fell off 2 of them and they still had 40# of air in them. Trailer was towed loaded from Anchorage, Alaska to Concord, NC when the tires were 10 yrs old. Wouldn't have anything but GY Marathons from my 37 yrs experience with them.
Not saying you haven't had good luck with them. I haven't. They were on my last bass boat trailer, and they were problem after problem. Looks like the ones you had were made in the States. Mine were Chinese. The Carlisles I replaced them with were not much better.

Thanks for the reply...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote