Old 05-31-2015, 11:17 PM   #1
Question MorRyde or Air Ride Pinbox

We've bought a new-to-us 2007 Silverback 30LSTS. Will be bringing it home this Friday. It still has the factory rigid pinbox installed. I wanted to ask your opinions on the subject of MorRyde vs Air Ride Pinbox. From what I have read, one helps eliminate front-to-rear chucking and the other helps to eliminate bouncing. I hope the veteran campers who are using and/or have used either/or both of these will please comment so I can use their feedback to make the best decision for our fiver. Thanks!!!

dnismenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:15 AM   #2
I went with the Lipper TrailAir with TriGlide because it's supposed to help up/down and forward/backward. But- I cannot tell you if it is any better or worse than the MoreRyde.

I've only just started using it and have pulled the camper back and forth to/from storage. Seems to have helped, but it's hard to say still.

ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #3
We've towed with the MorRyde and Fifth AirBorne (Similar to TrailAir) pinboxes. Both reduce chucking about the same. The Fifth AirBorne has a noticably more "cushy" ride as could be expected with an air puck.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:52 AM   #4
I have had the MorRyde on both my fifth wheels. They make a great difference. I purchased mine from Radauto with free shipping. They have the Trailair also. Great people to do business with.
2011 F350 Lariat Ultimate Dually 6.7 w/ B&W Companion
2014 Heritage Glen 356QBQ
2016 Explorer Platinum, 1998 Mustang
1SG(Ret) (1987) US Army Aviation

Days/Nights Camped 2016: 34
dogwood36322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:57 AM   #5
This is my second trailer with the Trailair ride pinbox installed. I installed the first one on a Cougar 318SAB and I ordered the Cedar Creek 34RL with the Trailer air pinbox installed. I did a lot of research when I was looking into the pinbox options for the Cougar.

I went with the Trailair ride pinbox because it works in two planes of motion with the shock taking care of the chucking and the air bag the proposing of the tow vehicle to the trailer. With the MorRyde and or Demco glide they only work in one plane of motion the chucking back and forth.
Jim W.
2016 34RL CC; 2008 Ram Mega Cab 2500HD, 6.7L, 68RFE 6 speed, 4X4, Smarty S67
Jim34RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:00 PM   #6
We use the Trailair ride pinbox on our 43' Sierra fiver. I pull the rig with a 2005 F350 dually that also has air adjustable bags. Our pin weight is about 2600# and our gross loaded weight is about 15,800#. We are full-timers and travel all over North America. We've been on roads that are real smooth and some paved roads that would make a jeep trail seem luxurious. The Trailair really helps to smooth things out, especially chucking when transitioning from asphalt to concrete and back (eg: bridges). When traveling, through the rear view mirror I can see the hitch damping out a fair amount of movement. Of course if there is a sharp change in the road surface (a pot hole and large expansion joints on older roads), then we will still have our teeth rattled occasionally. The worst roads we've experienced from a roughness perspective, are in those states that charge tolls on their interstates (eg: New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania).
fredcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:19 PM   #7
I've got the 5th Airborne installed on my 2005 Cardinal 5th wheel and love it. No more bouncing and pin slap when I hit bumps. Bolting it on was a 2 man operation but only took 30 minutes.
fredhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:54 PM   #8
Thanks so very much for your information.
dnismenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:37 PM   #9
2007 WildCat 32QBBS
I went with this one and can't be any happier.
Best price around that I could find.
If you're looking for the dual action here's another option for more money.
*Current: 2005 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.0 diesel 4x4*
*Retired: 1987 F350 Crew Cab Dually 6.9 turbo diesel
2007 Forest River WildCat 32QBBS
05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:44 AM   #10
As Jim34 said, the moryde stops the back and forth chucking then you still have the up and down bumping. We have the moryde pin box which helped on a lot of the roads, but the roads with the stress cuts that raise are bad for up and down bumping. We installed an airsafe hitch that has 4 airbags. Nice and smooth on any road now.

dbryan79 is offline   Reply With Quote