Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #1

Motorcycle carrier

What in your opinion could be the best way to carry a 450pounds motorcycle on a class a Georgetown?
remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I've seen some units where people transport motorcycles on a platform that fits into the trailer hitch mount on the back of a motorhome, and they're not cheap. Personally, I don't like the idea of my bike being subjected to allllllll the dirt and roadspray that comes up the back of a motorhome when the weather is not perfect, and it won't always be perfect.

Decide for youself how much you want to spend, how much your bike means to you, but also how much weight some enclosed trailers are.

Here's what I use..............there's nothing better.

Enclosed Trailers for Motorcycles and Snowmobiles - Toy Carrier

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:35 PM   #3

I have used the easyilifter hydralic jack and really found it worked great. Easy-Lifter hydraulic lifting system - Tel: 01509 268400 - HOME page I have since sold my cycle and am towing a toad now. I would offer to work a great deal with you if you are interested but depending on where you are located am afraid the cost of shipping from Florida would be unacceptiable.
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #4

easy lift

thanks for your reply,
i've looked at your easylift,but find that the weight rating being 200kilos
approx 440 pounds is not enough my bike is around 450 pounds plus gas and accessories around 50 more so 500 pounds,
how high can it go up?
on the pics it seems to be quite low,making going out of gas stations scary,
tell me bout it,
thanks
remember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:23 AM   #5

Might want to check out the swivel wheel trailers. Not sure anymore what they cost. but I'm pretty sure it was cheper than an enclosed trailer.
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #6

This, maybe: Magneta Tow Caddy
I have been looking for a solution for my Suzuki Boulevard which tops out at 800Lbs, but solutions like this one are cost prohibitive. I'm also wondering why they explicitly state that it's for Diesel Pushers only?

Eddy
Anonysmous is offline   Reply With Quote