Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rracer5 View Post
Full timing it in Myrtle Beach for now. Probably going to go to the Jacksonville, Fl. area for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Oh yeah....I remember you going ful time. How is that Sanibel working out for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkeeh View Post
I just got a 2013. F250. That 6.7 is a beast. I get about 19mpg all around. 11.0 towing my 5er. You'll be happy. Congrats on your upcoming retirement!!!!!
Thanks. I appreciate the info. Looks like about everyone who has this diesel is pretty much satisfied with it.
I'm not quite getting the mpg's you are, just under 18 all around. I would love to get 11 mpg's while towing. That V-10 was between 8 and 9.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Oh yeah....I remember you going ful time. How is that Sanibel working out for you?

Thanks. I appreciate the info. Looks like about everyone who has this diesel is pretty much satisfied with it.
I'm not quite getting the mpg's you are, just under 18 all around. I would love to get 11 mpg's while towing. That V-10 was between 8 and 9.

Doing well. Did have some A/C issues (complete shut down) right after we arrived here. Of course, it had to happen on a weekend. I ended up calling in a real good mobile tech. and he got the twin A/C's running together and over the next few weeks and several trips, phone conversations with Dometic and other testing, he got it fixed. I contacted PT and they stepped up and took care of it.

I think you'll like the MPG's on the new TV. When we traveled here from PA., I averaged about 10.3 and that included back road hauling and a stop over at Lake Gaston, Va., and we have this thing loaded for full timing!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #23
Now a "Top Member"

That's nice man. You will love the way the 6.7L tows your trailer. Enjoy!
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #24

rracer5.....Glad PT took care of your problems. Any unit will more than likely have some issue. It's good that PT cares about their customers and steps up when needed.
Winter in Florida.....must be nice.

EdJunior.....thanks. I did get a "test tow" in yesterday. I had the back set filled up, the bed filled up and a 14' utillity trailer fully loaded. At least 2,000 lbs and probably closer to 3,000 total. Still just a drop in the bucket compared to what this truck is rated for.
I drove from OKC to the house, about 110 miles. Now you hear people say all the time "they never knew the trailer was back there", well I never really bought into that. If you don't know it's back there then you're not paying attention.
With that being said, I honestly didn't notice the trailer and the extra weight except maybe on take off......and I was paying attention. The truck steered, drove and braked like it does when empty.
There was one other difference......mpg's. A combination city/highway on the drive up, empty and no trailer, was right at 18 mpg's @ 73/74 mph. The same for the drive back was 14.8 mpg's @ 70 mph.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:09 PM   #25
Now a "Top Member"

I certainly know my 5th wheel is back there, and even my boat, that came in at a little over 4,000 pounds. But what I like to say is "It may not be a night and day difference, but it's as close as it comes". That was comparing it to my 6.4L 2008. Anyway, you will like it, that much is for sure.
Retired AF MSgt

Old 08-27-2014, 04:20 PM   #26

I am trying to set up a trip for this weekend. A beautiful state park near Wilburton, OK.....Robbers Cave. Approx 75 miles from the house.
My work had me routed through the park today. I had a few minutes, usually don't take a lunch, so I checked in with office. All reserved sites were taken and the only thing left were first come/first serve sites.
It would be late friday afternoon or early evening before I could get there and I don't want to pull the trailer that far for nothing. So I got the bright idea a few minutes ago to call the park and see if I could pay for a first come/first serve site starting tonight. They said I would have to come down there, pick out a site, pay for it and place something on the site!
I asked if they could just take my CC, bill me starting tonight and put a sign on the site? They said no, that would be reserving the site!!!!!
Oh well, I'll call friday morning and see if any are available. You never know. I may get lucky.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #27
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
I am trying to set up a trip for this weekend. A beautiful state park near Wilburton, OK.....Robbers Cave. Approx 75 miles from the house.
My work had me routed through the park today. I had a few minutes, usually don't take a lunch, so I checked in with office. All reserved sites were taken and the only thing left were first come/first serve sites.
It would be late friday afternoon or early evening before I could get there and I don't want to pull the trailer that far for nothing. So I got the bright idea a few minutes ago to call the park and see if I could pay for a first come/first serve site starting tonight. They said I would have to come down there, pick out a site, pay for it and place something on the site!
I asked if they could just take my CC, bill me starting tonight and put a sign on the site? They said no, that would be reserving the site!!!!!
Oh well, I'll call friday morning and see if any are available. You never know. I may get lucky.
Oklahomas state parks reservation system is even worse than Texas'
When we were staying at Beaver's Bend a few years back approx a 1/3 of the sites (all of the nicest ones along the river) had childrens tents on them, as in Barbie type play tents! Asked the ranger and he explained that as long as they put "something" on the site and prepaid for it they could do it. I do not understand why the states can not do reservations for specific sites like the COE parks do.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
When we were staying at Beaver's Bend a few years back approx a 1/3 of the sites (all of the nicest ones along the river) had childrens tents on them, as in Barbie type play tents! Asked the ranger and he explained that as long as they put "something" on the site and prepaid for it they could do it. I do not understand why the states can not do reservations for specific sites like the COE parks do.
I hear ya RhoZeta...
This particular SP does take reservations. I was confused when I offered to pay over the phone with a CC from tonight through the weekend for a first come/first serve site with them placing a sign on the site and they said that's the same as a reservation.....which is when you only pay for the nights you'll be there????
They stated I had to pay in person, for tonight through the weekend and then place something on the site today.
The SP here where I live (Lake Eufaula State Park) will not take reservations, but you can do what I requested, pay over the phone with a CC and they will place a reservation sign on the site.
Very inconsistent from SP to SP here in Oklahoma.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #29

LOVE it!!!!!
brewjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:04 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Ive always found the texas web site to be fairly decent...of course you "generally" cannot pick your specific site,but you can reserve and pay for a site well in advance. ..and truth be told I always call after, I reserve and ask very nicely if I can have a specific site if I know what I want.....they always say they place based on arrival , but 95% of the time they "magically" assign me the space I ask for?...

Who knows. .maybe my luck is up!..lol
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #31

Pretty!! Even though it is a Ford. Lol. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #32

Got that trip in and we had a great time. I am definitely hooked on the diesel. The truck performed flawlessly and easily handled the winding, hilly 2 lane roads that we were on for at least 90% of the trip.
The mpg's weren't all that great on the trip to the campground, but were about what I expected considering the roads we were traveling. Starting the truck's calculator from a dead stop in my driveway the truck averaged 9.6 mpg's.
Overall....a total of about 150 miles with less than 40 miles driven without the tt hitched up the truck averaged 11.6 mpg's. Leaving the SP was mostly downhill off the hill we were camped on and the miles driving unhitched helped with the overall mpg's.
I'm afraid I can never go back to a gasser now!

Old 09-02-2014, 08:10 PM   #33
Now a "Top Member"

Awesome Gary. That is a great looking setup. I knew you would like the way that 6.7L pulls. Just be careful...don't go looking at 5th wheels. You....never mind...I'll shut up now!
Retired AF MSgt