Old 05-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #21
Take a look at the Ready Brake system. It is easy to install in your Saturn. The cost is no where near the systems you mention.

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #22
We used the Invisibrake in our Jeep TJ and it worked well. I changed to a US Gear Unitified Tow Brake when we bought a new Jeep because I got a smokin' deal from an ebay retailer. I like it a bit better as the UTB doesn't require the towing vehicle parking or headlights to be on while towing to charge the toad battery. Price of the two is similar. Many folks swear by the NSA Readybrake. The Invisibrake and UTB are the easiest to hitch up of all systems once installed.

The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!

Brian & Margie
OffPavement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #23
We have a Blue Ox Patriot. You can check it out on their web site.

The Patriot uses internal accelerometers to determine when to apply the brakes. One problem with some similar systems is that they get false readings on rough roads, but we never had a false braking action. The wireless remote beside the driver tells you what's happening with it.

In my opinion, the advantages are that it I can adjust the toad braking effort using the wireless remote, and I can apply the toad braking at any time. I do this when we first hook up to confirm that it is working properly. It works off the toad's cigarette lighter, so no additional wiring was needed to power it. I have towed for two days without starting the toad and the battery will still start it right up. A few times we moved the toad's key past the steering unlock position to the run position, and we killed the toad's battery in about 5 hours, but that wasn't the Patriot's fault!

A disadvantage is that it has to be put in place and removed every time we hook up. Also, I had to make a backboard for it to press against because the seat was too soft. The Patriot would push against it and tilt too much, causing it to fault and alarm. You have to move the seat forward so the Patriot is in a good position and if you move it too far you will move the brake pedal enough to apply the brakes a little bit. Just check the brake lights to be sure they are off when the setup is complete.

This post is just to give you thoughts on an alternate and persoanl experience. In the end, pick the one that you like best.

RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote