Old 07-23-2015, 09:18 AM   #11
I tow a similar size trailer with a 2012 Expedition and am very happy with it. I actually went from a 1/2 ton GMC crew cab pickup to the Expedition as our tow vehicle as it just works better for our family. 95% of the time the Expy is a soccer vehicle and we love our trailer so have no plans to go bigger. We take the trailer to some soccer tournaments. I did the weights about 15 different ways and am confident that everything works. I tow at between 5,000 and 5,500 lbs depending on the trip. We just got back from a week long trip to and through the Smoky Mountains and the Expy towed really well. In my opinion the GMC truck and the Expedition tow our trailer very similarly and if I had to pick nits, I would say the truck towed my setup slightly better on the highway at 60-65 mph and the Expy tows better on more windy 45-55mph roads. Good Luck making your decision(s).

2011 Surveyor SP260
2012 Ford Expedition
chof16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:34 AM   #12
You'll have no problem with that combo. You'll love the way the Ecoboost pulls. Load everything you can in the trailer if you are worried about TV payload. The best piece of advice I can give is to get a good hitch. I highly recommend you get a ProPride. It is pricey, but Considering you are about to spend probably around $80k, the Propride shouldn't break the bank at $2700ish. You can worry yourself to death on these forums about weighing this or buying that or planning for your 84th trailer and so on.

dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote