Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2012, 07:15 AM   #61
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica
Turbo, well it's good to see that you're not talking on the cell phone while you're driving!

Dave
Lol dw took the pic whilst I was driving..
No squirrels were harmed in this stunt
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:18 AM   #62
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSasks

Geeze Ron, why are we back on the oil burner vs gas again???? Huh Huh
My 05 gasser needed a new 105.00 sensor
I couldn't afford it so I traded off the truck
And diesel went down to 3.80 a gallon!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #63
Villa Estate 392FLFB

lol funny thing is gas is going down here to. went from 1.279 to 1.199 in regina overnight this week. all thanks to Costco! its trickled down to where i live to
Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 PM   #64
Villa Estate 392FLFB

so first time getting truck stuck in the snow! was pushing snow with the bumper... infront of city hall of all places lol.

Anyhow the truck having the ecoboost is just like a turbo diesel when getting stuck. you gotta step on the pedal and wait for them turbos to kick in! truck just walked out of the snow like super duty!

oh also having the rear axle lock on, over 50km/hr (30mph) it automatically disengages and then when you slow down under that again it engages again. if above 30km/hr it shows on the dash that will engage when under 30km/hr.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #65
TeresaInCAL

Stick a plow on the front, and you've got a part time job!
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #66

I'd upgrade to an F250. I picked up a brand new F250 400HP/800ft.lbs. 6.7 V8 Diesel loaded Lariet with leather, electronic locking rear axle, rear view camra, two tone paint, blue tooth, etc. for $43K.
It get's 20 MPG at 75MPH not towing, and 11 to 12 towing my 10K lb. work and play trailer at 65MPH.
jamesroadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #67
Villa Estate 392FLFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresaInCAL View Post
Stick a plow on the front, and you've got a part time job!
lol its crossed my mind...
Old 11-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesroadking View Post
I'd upgrade to an F250. I picked up a brand new F250 400HP/800ft.lbs. 6.7 V8 Diesel loaded Lariet with leather, electronic locking rear axle, rear view camra, two tone paint, blue tooth, etc. for $43K.
It get's 20 MPG at 75MPH not towing, and 11 to 12 towing my 10K lb. work and play trailer at 65MPH.
Did you buy from Rountree Moore Ford? They have some real clowns working there. I would hate to have been an uneducated buyer and bought from them
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #69

Len & Cheri, Thank you for expressing your concerns. No, I bought it at the Ford dealership in Stark Florida.
As far as being an uneducated buyer, all the F250 Ford trucks are built at the same factory, so the particular Ford dealership really isn't that important. Myself, I try to buy the best value for the amount I spend / can afford.
I also do my own maintenance.
You calling hard working people "clowns" seems pretty uneducated to me.
jamesroadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesroadking View Post
Len & Cheri, Thank you for expressing your concerns. No, I bought it at the Ford dealership in Stark Florida.
As far as being an uneducated buyer, all the F250 Ford trucks are built at the same factory, so the particular Ford dealership really isn't that important. Myself, I try to buy the best value for the amount I spend or can afford. I also do my own maintenance.
You calling hard working people "clowns" seems pretty uneducated to me.
Well, if you bought your truck from them you'd know why I call them clowns. There were a few of them that are the typical used car sales person type. If you went in there as an "uneducated buyer", they would have no problem taking advantage of you. Now what does that have to do with where the truck was built or whether or not you do you own maintenance? Apparently, you completely missed my point.

I also completely disagree on saying a dealership isn't important when purchasing a vehicle. In fact, the dealership is a huge part of the buying experience. The way a dealer treats the customer has a large part in whether or not buyer that customer buys from that manufacturer again.

If you wish to call people who take advantage of customers as "hard working" that's your choice. I will continue to call them how I see them.
Len & Cheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stuff View Post
lol its crossed my mind...
Do NOT put a plow on the Ecoboost F150; you will VOID your warrenty
Night_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len & Cheri View Post

I also completely disagree on saying a dealership isn't important when purchasing a vehicle. In fact, the dealership is a huge part of the buying experience. The way a dealer treats the customer has a large part in whether or not buyer that customer buys from that manufacturer again.
I agree whole 100%, the only Toyota dealer within an hour of me are a bear to work/fight with when it comes time for a repair. Most likely this will be my last Toyota because of it.
Gizmo0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:52 PM   #73
Villa Estate 392FLFB

I purchased mine from Senchuck Ford in Estevan Sk. so far been okay with work and getting undercoating and oil changes etc done.

I upgraded the front end. I now have a huge push bar.

vent deflectors and a bug shield. bought weather tech floor mats, have a tonno cover pro, bed mat. need mud flaps though!
Old 07-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #74
Villa Estate 392FLFB

well just a little update. Rolled over 20,000 kms on it now. still doing fine! had one tire slice on and angle like / across all the treads.. no clue how. no warranty. swapped out with the spare.

other then that, nothing. still purrs like a kitten! Have it loaded up with a mint 1979 Okanagon truck camper and heading out to southern Ontario next month. should be a nice drive!

I thank you all for tips/tricks/hints etc for helping me stay away from that initial used ecoboost truck. funny thing is I see it parked a couple blocks away from the FIANCE's mother's place in Regina LOL!!