Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #1

New Acme Tow Dolly Design

I'm looking forward in picking-up my new Acme Tow Dolly tomorrow. I have spend a lot of time researching and testing tow dollies for my new 2013 Elantra GT with little to no luck. Several forum members recommended Acme but I didn't want solid loading ramps. I wanted ramps that attached directly to the dolly. The ramps also needed to be a little longer so the front fascia and spoiler would clear the dolly when loading/unloading. I spoke to Richard @Acme last month and wouldn't you know, he was working on this very issue for those of us who need the extra clearance. I'm SOLD!

I am impressed with their professionalism an well on my way in being a happy camper once more!

Frank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Acme Tow Dolly.jpg
Views:	1199
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	45801  
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #2

I'm interested in your experience with this dolly as It has made my short list.
schaferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #3

Absolutely love it! We drove to the factory to pick ours up. I drove my Ram 1500 and my wife followed with her Elantra GT. We met Richard at Acme and he gave us a tour of his manufacturing facility. They brought my new tow dolly out and helped me hook it up to my truck and we loaded my Elantra GT to get some tow time before we take a trip to Texas in a month or so. This dolly is the only one I could find that could load the Elantra without ripping off the front fascia and lower front spoiler on the car. I can't believe the warranty on this dolly; 5 years! I bought some extra straps and a spare tire which I mounted on the front of the dolly. The price is really nice too. I bought mine for $1399.00 USD. Richard at Acme is a really nice guy and will answer any questions you might have. I have a Ebrake setup in my MH but don't need it since the tow dolly has a hydraulic piston that actuates the disk brakes; kinda slick.
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
Old 02-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #4

Thanks for the info....
Old 02-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #5

ACME EZE Tow

Just ordered... thank to all who provided input
Old 02-18-2014, 06:48 PM   #6

You're going to be a happy camper! Congrats...
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
Old 02-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #7

Thanks looking forward to my first trip of 14
Old 04-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #8

Ourflat and Schaferk, I just ordered my Acme EZE tow dolly today. Can you give me any updates or tips on using dolly. How long does it take to get the auto hooked up after you have used it a couple of times. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #9

No problem! It takes about 20 minutes for me to load my car on the dolly. Works great! I put a spare tire mount and tire on the front of the dolly and carry the ramps in the trunk of my tow vehicle. I added a separate wire harness to my car so I can run the brake and turning signal lights on my tow vehicle through the RV. I also added nylon straps to the safety chains so the straps will not scratch my tow car's rims.

Hope this helps...
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
Old 04-15-2014, 11:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourflat View Post
No problem! It takes about 20 minutes for me to load my car on the dolly. Works great! I put a spare tire mount and tire on the front of the dolly and carry the ramps in the trunk of my tow vehicle. I added a separate wire harness to my car so I can run the brake and turning signal lights on my tow vehicle through the RV. I also added nylon straps to the safety chains so the straps will not scratch my tow car's rims.

Hope this helps...
Ourflat thanks for the update. Does your state require you to put lights on the back of the Toad? Also any chance you could take a photo of the nylon strap to safety chain. BTW I will be towing a 2006 Honda Accord V6 sedan which according to Honda is not towable 4 down. Thanks.