Old 03-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #91
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornswoggle View Post
Wow! You guys are cracking me up! I wanted some feedback, but never thought I would start a firestorm. In the end, we all need to make our own choices and I have made a choice that fits my family needs the best. If the beefy Armada cannot handle this particular camper after one season then I will trade in my tow vehicle for something bigger.

I appreciate all the comments and feedback. You guys helped me avoid the mistake of buying the 37' 320BHDS and although there are strong opinions against a 29' camper with a 33' trailer, I will finalize the WDH and Sway over the next couple weeks.

ProPride or Reese Dual Cam. I might start with the Reese and then upg, if it isn't cutting it.
I tow a 22' trailer with 104" of wheelbase. I got the dual cam and it works for me.

Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #92

Thanks for the feedback! A dual cam system would save me a couple grand.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #93

This cracks me up I have been lurking on these fourms for awhile. It seems like everyone has a opinion. When it came time for me to buy a hitch I read these foums over and over and my gut told me buy the best you can afford because you will be buying later anyways.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #94

Quote:
Wow! You guys are cracking me up! I wanted some feedback, but never thought I would start a firestorm. In the end, we all need to make our own choices and I have made a choice that fits my family needs the best. If the beefy Armada cannot handle this particular camper after one season then I will trade in my tow vehicle for something bigger.

I appreciate all the comments and feedback. You guys helped me avoid the mistake of buying the 37' 320BHDS and although there are strong opinions against a 29' camper with a 33' trailer, I will finalize the WDH and Sway over the next couple weeks.

ProPride or Reese Dual Cam. I might start with the Reese and then upg, if it isn't cutting it.
You'll be good, I pull a 34' WindJammer (total length) with a 2010 Armada using the Reese Dual Cam. I've never had a sway issue (even with trucks passing) and have always felt in complete control. My trailer is 6800 lbs. dry.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #95

Thanks for the feedback! The one we want has the little yellow sticker that shows the dry weight of 6,348, which includes the spare tire
Old 03-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #96
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty3215 View Post
This cracks me up I have been lurking on these fourms for awhile. It seems like everyone has a opinion. When it came time for me to buy a hitch I read these foums over and over and my gut told me buy the best you can afford because you will be buying later anyways.

Just keep plenty of popcorn on hand, it gets better.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #97

Lol yea I read quite a few and it is always a debate. I understand safety I pull a trailer daily for work. But geez it gets heated over a hitch they all have somewhat the same idea just one works better for one person than the other. And it all come down to setup.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #98

Quote:

I have the Reese and it does very well, but I would suggest the Equal-i-zer. Reese has decided that they no longer want to provide U.S. workers with jobs and are moving to Mexico. I can't support them any longer just for that reason.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #99
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty3215 View Post
Lol yea I read quite a few and it is always a debate. I understand safety I pull a trailer daily for work. But geez it gets heated over a hitch they all have somewhat the same idea just one works better for one person than the other. And it all come down to setup.

In the end "It's all good" we're all here to help each other. I think there are some things we have to learn by our own experience, hopefully without damage or harm to life or limb. After all we are all individuals.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #100

Thanks for the heads up on Reese. My dealer agreed and directed me towards the higher end Equalizer. I ordered the 292BHDS Liberty Edition. Paid $24,500 with extra grill on back bumper, upgraded Equalizer WDH/Sway, etc.

Very excited