Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2015, 10:26 PM   #1

New to RV'ing

Hello All,

My wife and I are new to RV'ing and are currently considering the purchase of a 2000 Cedar Creek 29RKBS and 1996 F-250 7.3L diesel combo from a friend. The trailer and truck are in great shape for their age and he has taken good care of both. I have a couple questions for those that have experience in these matters.

1. Can I install a trailer hitch on the back of the trailer in order to pull my Harley around with me, and if so which hitch would you suggest?

2. I know in New Mexico you can tow tandem trailers (or at least I have seen it, legal or not), I there a website where I can find a list of states that tandem towing is allowed.

I'm sure that I will have more as time goes by, but these are a good start. Thanks in advance for your help.
ceasley211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:46 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceasley211 View Post
Hello All,

My wife and I are new to RV'ing and are currently considering the purchase of a 2000 Cedar Creek 29RKBS and 1996 F-250 7.3L diesel combo from a friend. The trailer and truck are in great shape for their age and he has taken good care of both. I have a couple questions for those that have experience in these matters.

1. Can I install a trailer hitch on the back of the trailer in order to pull my Harley around with me, and if so which hitch would you suggest?

2. I know in New Mexico you can tow tandem trailers (or at least I have seen it, legal or not), I there a website where I can find a list of states that tandem towing is allowed.

I'm sure that I will have more as time goes by, but these are a good start. Thanks in advance for your help.
I wouldn't. Modern trailers (Fivers) just arn't designed to tow vehicles. Though your truck is more than capible to tow the trailer, it might be a whole nother issue trying to stop it.

Watch your weights.

TT: 2016 40' Chaparral 360IBL at 14000lbs
TV: 2016 F450 Platinum 6.7 CC LWB FX4, B&W Companion Hitch
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote