Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2016, 12:23 AM   #1

Lightbulb New Toad In Town

It looks like Elio Motors is just about ready to go into production. Their trike car is on the top of my list as a toad for long-stay trips. At 1200 lbs dry weight, it can be flat towed by a Class B, B+ and beyond. At at starting price of $6800 it's a deal, even without an RV. Up to 84 MPG isn't too shabby either!

I called the company and talked with a marketing manager. He said yes to flat towing. In fact, the company currently flat tows their latest Elio prototype to car shows behind a motorhome.

Aside from the body and chassis structure, the vehicle mostly contains common high volume parts and components. They are partnering with Pep Boys for nationwide parts and service.

The top speed is rated at over 100mph, so the tires should be fine for towing. It has front wheel drive which eliminates a lot of wear, friction and extra weight/complexity.

Does anyone have any additional information on this vehicle?

Elio Motors | The next big thing in transportation!
Daddio62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 12:49 AM   #2

I put a deposit on my Elio eons ago (seems like it anyway). Looking forward to driving one soon. Just curious about how they will package the options to up-sell peeps.

Tags
toad