Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2015, 06:17 PM   #1

new tv

Well, long story short--I took my 2009 f250 to get inspected. Needed front brakes to pass. So while I was waiting I got to wheelin' and dealin' on a 2015. Loved it. Told them I would think about it. Went home and looked to see what the local chibby dealer had to offer. They a 2014 3/4 ton with 4200 miles on it. They offered me 4000 more than the Ford dealer. No brainer. My question is-- I have a Reese 16k slider now--will the rails fit into the chevy or do I need new rails. Surely I can use my hitch and only have to buy new rails for the hitch. Any ideas? Also, what do you folks do for the bed of your truck. I have a bedliner in the Ford, but they had to cut a section out to mount the rails, which to me defeats the purpose of the bedliner. thanx
pacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:23 PM   #2

I can't comment on the hitch as to whether or not it will interchange but I think a drop in Bedliner defeats the purpose of a bed liner. They do more damage than they protect. I had both drop in and spray on and will have the spray on in everything I own from here on out. I personally would have kept the Ford as well.😜 Just my opinion.
Tfort is offline   Reply With Quote