Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2018, 05:11 PM   #21

We have a MH, Class A less than 30' long. Tow rating 7500 lb. You could look at small Class A MH. Ours sleeps 5, 2 in king size bed, 2 on drop down bed and 1 on L shaped dinette.

Frank
FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWCamper7 View Post
Huh, that's a good point about motor vehicles (class c) not dealing well with sitting around unused for long periods of time. I hadn't really considered that before. We weren't really excited about getting a truck as a daily driver as it's already a pain to park the Acadia in the parking spots you find in the city. I understand why this trailer vs rv debate always comes up, it's not an easy decision but I guess if you only do a couple (3-4) trips a year a TT + truck combo might hold up better over time.
Another thought, if you had the TT, you may want to consider a permanent site in your local. Keep in movable for those trips you are considering. You would get a better bang for the buck.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:31 PM   #23

A lot depends on how you camp.

Short trips to nearby campgrounds where the children won't get 'antsy' in the back seat? Our friends who do that have a TT.

Longer trips where you'll want access to bathrooms and ability to play with the children to keep them amused? Our friends who do that have a Class C. Some tow a car, and some who primarily camp, don't tow. We've found that many attractions have rv parking so we don't want to tow. (It's just the 2 of us.)

Class A's are now rivaling Class C's on pricing and size for those who want a smaller rv.

It's really an individual preference.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWCamper7 View Post
Huh, that's a good point about motor vehicles (class c) not dealing well with sitting around unused for long periods of time. I hadn't really considered that before. We weren't really excited about getting a truck as a daily driver as it's already a pain to park the Acadia in the parking spots you find in the city. I understand why this trailer vs rv debate always comes up, it's not an easy decision but I guess if you only do a couple (3-4) trips a year a TT + truck combo might hold up better over time.
Have you considered an a frame? We have one that we camp in with our 2 year old and love it. It has a 3500 lb gvwr so you shouldn't have any problems with your Acadia. I know there are some people on here that tow them with that vehicle. You still get hard walls, but it folds to be below the laminar flow of the car so it is as easy to tow as a tent trailer.

It is nice being able to drop the trailer and drive our regular vehicle around the places we visit. I would have to have to breakdown camp every day with a small RV.
cpttimerstraint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 01:04 PM   #25

I have an 2011 Acadia as my TV and we just purchased a 2018 Coachmen Clipper 17BHS and it pulls great. We have been on two camping trips so far with it and one more coming in two weeks. We also have 2 little ones 8 and 7 and they love it especially with the bunks. But we have the factory tow package and an equalizer WDH setup and things are great. We are in California though so that may make a difference. Just thought i would throw in my 2 cents but I am a total newbie to all of this. Good luck!
smejico is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper