Old 02-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #11
Husky centerline here.

"Active" sway control.

Can't say much about it other than the add copy:

Except that I have no complaints so far! Works great on my 35 foot TT.

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Originally Posted by Covfam View Post
as recomended earlier in the post it was suggested that i could stay with the curt wdh hitch and use the curt sway control system for my size trailer. when i look at the curt sway control its listed as a friction control and looks alot different than either the reese or the equalizer.

Custom Trailer Hitch Products, Custom Receiver Hitch, Heavy Duty Towing, Curt Manufacturing

how exactly does that fit on? and whats the advantage/disadvantage of this style of friction control over the cam system or the equalizer system?
The friction bar that shows up in that posts hooks up to small ball on 1 side of your ball mount platform, and the other ends hooks up to a ball that is mounted to your trailer frame. The mounting on the frame has to be exact, or it is possible to bend the friction bar during sharp turns. That system works decent for short trailers, but not as well on long trailers.

Originally Posted by Covfam View Post

next question we wil be getting a small 3,00lb horse trailer for the farm will i need another anti sway system for that? and this horse trailer we weill be using it has surge brakes will i need a seprate hitch & sway control for that?, how about the trailer for my 2,800 lb tractor + the trailer will i need yet another wdh & sway control for that?

thanks for al the help your advice has really help me when looking for towing info there is so much out there that conflicts with each other that your help has really narrowed down my searches
I don't know anything about surge brakes, so I am going to let others take over in that area. As far as the trailer for your tractor, I think most people don't use a WHD for something like that. Again, I hope others post their ideas on that.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:34 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Once you get a set up for your camper, it will pretty much be dedicated to the camper. The horse trailer with surge brakes--- Surge brakes are hydraulic, and are activated by a master cylinder on the tongue pushing fluid to brakes on the wheels, very similar to car brakes. There will be a locking mechanism on the tongue that you must get out and engage in order to back up. Then remember to release it, as this turns the brakes off. As for towing your tractor, you will need a trailer with electric brakes, but you will already have a controller in the truck. You will have to readjust it. You will also need a different slider with a ball on it to put in the hitch. Sway control most likely will not be necessary. How just slow down and do one thing at a time, and do it right. Hope this helps.
2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #14
thanks yall for the help. im in no hurry to add the horse and tractors trailer i just wanted to make sure that doing with wasnt gonna make it so i couldnt haul the others in the future

Covfam is offline   Reply With Quote