Old 07-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #1

Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

Anyone towing with a late model Nissan Frontier? I am considering purchasing one and looking for feedback. I have a Surveyor 186 Sport. Well with in the Nissan's limits. I currently tow with a 2005 Jeep Liberty which does fine but looking for a little more power for those hills. Considered full size but like the size and gas mileage of the little Nissan.

Thanks

Old 07-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegStealer View Post
Anyone towing with a late model Nissan Frontier? I am considering purchasing one and looking for feedback. I have a Surveyor 186 Sport. Well with in the Nissan's limits. I currently tow with a 2005 Jeep Liberty which does fine but looking for a little more power for those hills. Considered full size but like the size and gas mileage of the little Nissan.

Thanks
just a recommendation about the gas mileage of the "little" Nissan.

i was looking at a mid-size v-6 Frontier/Tacoma/Ridgeline because i was under the impression that they got better gas mileage than v-8 full-size trucks.

WRONG!!!

my 5.3 v-8 Avalanche gets about the same mileage as the Nissan Frontier. or the Tacoma or the Ridgeline.
i get 21mpg when driving the 60 miles between Napa and Sacramento. of course, not towing. the Nissan is rated at 21 highway mpg.
because of the new innovations of v-8 engines, such as the v-4 feature, they can get just as good as gas mileage as the v-6 trucks and tow way more and carry more people.

there is a misconception that v-6 engines get much better gas mileage than v-8 engines. this is out-dated now.

compare the mpg ratings of those v-6 trucks against the newer GM/Dodge v-8's and i think you'll be surprised.

Old 07-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #3

My mother uses one to pull a small TT and it does it just fine but as Dan said the mileage isn't any different and my impression was that just driving it around town the exhaust noise inside the cab was a little excessive and annoying for a truck with no load on it.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #4

I am a huge advocate of the Frontier! I am on my second Frontier, first was a 2004 and now I have a 2006, which is a lot more truck.

We just picked up our 2007 Cherokee 23DD, which comes in around 4300 pounds dry. My truck has a manual 6 speed. We traveled 350 miles each way to pickup our TT. On the way to get the trailer got 20.4 mpg, which was hand checked. On the way home, we got 10.3 mpg!!! I have firestone sport rite bags on the rear which are well worth the investment.

I for one, give the current generation of Frontiers a big thumbs up!