Old 01-25-2011, 09:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
David, i have been watching the price of diesel for some time now and i don't see it dropping below the price of regular gas as it was. When the price of gas go's up diesel will do the same.
My co-worker is still talking about the LTZ that i had mention earlier and he plans on taking a trip to look at it. I just learn to day that GM 6.2 requires high test gas and it is rated at 18 mpg on the highway and it is rated at 400 HP but the price of high test is close to the diesel price...

Interesting. Where I live the price of diesel has only moved 1 cent per liter since 2-3 months befor xmas. Gas has fluctuated 10-15 cents per liter.

Right now, diesel is 1 cent per liter less than the price of just plain ol' regular.

My friends are always "B"-ing about the way gas goes up and down and are now "B"-ing about how much it costs overall. Diesel just doesn't move with the same volatility around here....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:27 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white View Post
Interesting. Where I live the price of diesel has only moved 1 cent per liter since 2-3 months before xmas. Gas has fluctuated 10-15 cents per liter.

Right now, diesel is 1 cent per liter less than the price of just plain ol' regular.

My friends are always "Bing about the way gas goes up and down and are now "Bing about how much it costs overall. Diesel just doesn't move with the same volatility around here....
great white, i live in Northern Maryland about 11 miles from the Pennsylvania line and i work in Northern Virginia, this morning once i crossed over into VA the first gas station i came to regular gas was at $3.15 per US gallon and diesel was at $3.45 per US gallon. This one gas station seems to increase the gas and diesel at the same time and the price between the two never changes. If gas go's up 5 cents so does the diesel at the same rate.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:27 AM   #23

Send a message via MSN to hunt4240dw
Down here in Memphis, gas and diesel do the same think as you rockwood6. Except our regular is running about 2.90 with diesel 3.15(Shell) to 3.40(Love's Truck Stop). I did not know about the 6.2 having to use Prem. I use prem. in my 99 5.7 because I have a custom computer tune to get more power. You might have your co-worker check into "Black Bear" custom tunes. He lives up in that area and from other forums I read he can really make a lot improvements.

David

The Hunts
2012 F150 Ecoboost, 3.55, tow package
Equal-i-zer Hitch
2009 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
1982 16' Glastron Ski boat
hunt4240dw is offline   Reply With Quote