Old 04-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #1

Non-Slide PullRite 5th Hitch?

Hi Everyone,

Looking into getting a 5th hitch installed on an 8' bed- so no slider needed. The shop I called recommended the PullRite hitch over the Reese. I've read lots of stuff about PullRite's slider hitches, but not a lot about their standard hitches. Anyone have any experiences with them? Good/bad, or are all standard 5th hitches about the same?

Thanks,
Matt

Old 04-04-2014, 03:22 PM   #2

I have the 16k from PullRite the dealer installed it the day before we picked up the lite, I like it because it bolted to the frame and not the bed.

If you look at my photo album there are pictures of mine.

The down side if you will is that there are four 2 inch holes in the bed when the hitch is out so if you haul rock or dirt putting a tarp over them or finding some thing to plug the hole to keep stuff out of the pin holes.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I have the 16k from PullRite the dealer installed it the day before we picked up the lite, I like it because it bolted to the frame and not the bed.

If you look at my photo album there are pictures of mine.

The down side if you will is that there are four 2 inch holes in the bed when the hitch is out so if you haul rock or dirt putting a tarp over them or finding some thing to plug the hole to keep stuff out of the pin holes.
Thanks for the info- the pics were great.. I didn't realize the holes would be that big, but I don't think that will be a huge issue for me.

Matt
Old 04-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfed78 View Post
Thanks for the info- the pics were great.. I didn't realize the holes would be that big, but I don't think that will be a huge issue for me.

Matt
Cool.
I like the fact that the hitch comes out in smaller pieces.
I put the rails and pins in the basement and the rest on the dolly I made for it.
I can roll it outside right up to the truck and just set the base on the back of the bed and from there on to the rails and pin it all down.

The holes could be a little smaller IMO but it would take a little longer on the installers part, I think 1-1 1/4 inch would be more than enough.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #5

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
According to the installation manual that came with my 4100 SuperGlide the holes are cut (drilled) with a hole saw measuring 1.75". Also in the manual they state that Ford has a plug to plug the holes. Ford part # XL3Z-17D754-AAB

It's just a little nerve racking when you are drilling big holes in a new truck bed. Measure 6 times drill once. Once the frame brackets were mounted I put tape over the hole that the pins go in. Then I drilled a pilot hole and was able to see on the tape where it was in relation to the center of the hole. I could then make adjustments where the pilot hole was drilled if needed.
2014 CR-V EX-L w/Nav & Blue Ox & Ready Brute Elite

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch, pullrite, slide